Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet VistA
    The last place I taught had a lot of wrestlers, and they all had a problem! WRESTLERS ARENT ALLOWED ON THEIR BACKS!!! So training both at the same time is not that easy! If you are serious about MMA, I would suggest sticking to wrestling and get as far as you can. Compete, compete, compete! From what I hear, it is better to learn wrestling young due to all the takedowns, your body recovers quicker than in the later years!! I'm 29 now, and I wish I would have at least done 4 years of high school wrestling instead of what I did do......?.....don't really remember what I did

Array

School
    Burning Sands Gym Cairo Egypt
    The question should not be wrestling or Jiu Jitsu, but wrestling and Jiu Jitsu. I started wrestling at the age of 4 years old. I competed all of my life including at the national level. I started Jiu Jitsu as soon as I become aware of it and I kept on wrestling. I was born to wrestle and I love Jiu Jitsu. The take downs, power, and tenacity that you get from wrestling only compliment the finesse and tranquility of Jiu Jitsu. Catch Wrestling bridges the gap with Jiu Jitsu submission. Jiu Jitsu has revitalized wrestling.

Wrestling makes you unafraid to face tough challenges and Jiu Jitsu makes you unafraid to face your own inner fears. Applying them together is a formidable combination. Don't forget to add a striking art like Muay Thai or Boxing.

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Alex Martinez,

I would say go with what you love because you're the one who has to train at it everyday. If you love both and have the time to train at both than I would say to do both. As for wrestling for a MMA career I would look more into a Submission Wrestling form like Catch-As-Catch-Can Wrestling ("Catch Wrestling") over the collegiate form of wrestling. As I would say to go with 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu over any other BJJ for an MMA career.

When it come's to Catch Wrestling look up Kazushi Sakuraba and Josh Barnett, you will see what I'm talking about. Here's a link that might help as well.

http://www.scientificwrestling.com/

Good Luck & do what you love.

Array

School
    Garage
    Thanks guys for all of the advice i will definitely do both of them i will just concentrate on wrestling during the season then once the season is over i will go straight to jiu jitsu

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    yes do both

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12