Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast

Dogfight from Lockdown

I'm a little confused on what the current way of getting to the dogfight from the lockdown is for the system, I know that it has changed over time. If I am locking down his right leg, with perfect double unders, do I want my weight on my shoulders? I feel like that is something that I've heard people say, I just don't really know what it means. Any advice on this topic is appreciated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Don't let go of your perfect double unders to lift yourself off the ground. I find that when I'm in lockdown. I don't wait to show them what I'm doing right away so I t-rex my arm that he can whizzer and the other one hooks under his leg like I'm going for an electric chair. Mixing these two together (Electric chair and dogfight) will increase your success rate of both. and if you add in a nice transition to prison guard from there, then you really start noticing the difference.

My thoughts when in lockdown are get the underhooks, then T-rex one arm and push them for a dogfight, they almost always resist that so I go to my EC, then I found that they straighten their leg to the side and backwards which stops the EC but gives you an easy prison guard transition. if you get stuffed going to prison guard, just switch back to one of the other two options. or just take the butterfly guard.

You end up either getting into dog fight, Electric side, Prison guard/back etc, or Butterfly guard.

Is that kind of what you were looking for?

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    I try rocking myself towards my feet first, then rocking towards my shoulders swimming my arm out to post up for dogfight. If you can take your outside leg and wipe their ankle, that also helps

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/techniqu...-56-uk-part-3/

At about 11 minutes, Eddie breaks a lot of that stuff down. He goes over when to use one kind of whip up and when to use the other, newer kind (uppercut) kind. I was reviewing this yesterday because my dogfight transitions are slow and not very clean feeling.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    Don't let go of your perfect double unders to lift yourself off the ground. I find that when I'm in lockdown. I don't wait to show them what I'm doing right away so I t-rex my arm that he can whizzer and the other one hooks under his leg like I'm going for an electric chair. Mixing these two together (Electric chair and dogfight) will increase your success rate of both. and if you add in a nice transition to prison guard from there, then you really start noticing the difference.
    Definitely gotta mix things up. Fortunately, good underhooks + staying on your side * the amount of transitions you master = potential deadliness

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Just to add a bit more. When I first started working on my half guard I would pretty much lie and wait for them to move and then react off it, but now I realise that you need to push the movement and there is constantly something you can be going for. then instead of them doing what they want. its like standing up in a massive earthquake. every move you do is throwing them one way or the other.