Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Arman*

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    This has been a huge concern of mine lately. I'm only 20 and my range of motion in my neck is already limited from years of grappling. I don't have any advice for your situation, but I've found using a STEM (or TENS) machine on my neck after practice reeealllly helps recovery. Even though it's aimed at the muscular system, it helps loosen up the tissue in your neck, or wherever you put it. Here's a little write up if you don't know too much about them
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/tens/Pa...roduction.aspx

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Yeah, got one of those too. It helps a little

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek, CA
    Given the severity of your injuries, this might be a bit too late but I would exhaust all non-surgical means before surgery. I'd go and see an ART (Active Release Technique) in your area. I had great luck with the ART therapist I've been using for about 1.5 yrs now.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    I am 31 with a fusion between C6-C7. My neck is sore all the time but I can live with it. I don't train as much as I used to but after my injury I thought I would never be back to rolling again and I was devastated. I have changed my style a lot in a way that I try to keep my head out of harms way as much as possible. No more shooting and no more being stubborn when defending chokes. I tap early and ofter even when I am not being choked but even if my opponent is cranking on the head or neck. I would say explore your options, start back slow and listen to your body. I have been where you are and am always happy to give advice or share experiences to keep you rolling buddy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Thanks brotha

Array

School
    Serge's Basement
    I am on the road to working on my DC and I am interning with a chiro right now that has a decompression table. As long as the disc isn't "ripped" or "popped" the decompression table can create a pull that puts spacing back in-between your vertebra. Since my time working with him I've seen a hand full of patients with herniated discs get relief and life back. Its a non-surgical option, that I would say you should at least check out. Good luck and hope all goes well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12