Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia

Mts85 killer b part 3

Whats up everybody!

Eddie and Rob.........thank you once again for delivering another steller MTS!
    First off, Eddies strategy about being able to set up the truck from side control was very helpful to me as an instructor as it makes it very clear what the aim is in getting to the truck, and also the value of facing the legs when all else fails or if they blast up to their knees or turn powerfully away. CRUCIAL!!

THAT TRUCK TRANSITION FROM THE BACK ON TOP/TURTLE ?? BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE THAT TRANSITION!!
    This details about having shallow hooks and having weight on the small of their back will help many players make that happen effortlessly. The fact that it has saved Eddies ass so many times in battle speaks for itself!!
    For MMA? Super important to be able to just go after them and finish fast if you need to. Almost like a hail mary truck transiton to the quick kill.

Calf crank details were very helpful too as far as dealing with a guy who loves putting that boot on. That RNC grip on that left foot really takes away their defence as well and taking away the need to stomp on that heel.
    Its soooo faaaaaaaaaass. I dig it!

Eddie.... your view on working your strong side was cool too. If you are new to the system, this is a very good opportunity for you to get a solid start on how to train properly and efficiently. Playing to your strengths is crucial!

That Truck transition to the back is huuuuge!!! Watch Eddies arrangement of his limbs!! Study that shit!!
    decisions decisions decisions!!!! Learn to make the right ones. its heped me enormously!!

The truck from the back, is a huge transition for me. Those details were awesome to see again. You cant hear it or see it enough in my opinion. Brilliant tactics Eddie. Right from the beginning of the outside butterfly to the importance of that right underhook on their right shoulder AND the hand battle is money!
    Squeezing that over/under in that spot is massive. Pummelling is everything in that spot too. Organising your limbs and having a high level of YOUR BODY awareness is huge. Keeping them under control every step of the way takes so much time to master. This episode really locks in those steps perfectly as usual.

The lotus position to the fig four has been money for me especially being a small player, that extra squeeze and control i get from that fig 4 is dope!! The grip breakers in this episode highlighted so many escape routes in the twister process. Defensively?? very insightful!! Offensively?? A must to tighten those moments!

That Renzo Gracie story was hilarious!!
    Derek is a little beast. I love that kids attitude!! Very talented and always on the mat at HQ. LOOK WHO HE IS SURROUNDED BY. NO WONDER

Twister Side control Scramble. Great details Eddie. Having all those side control options is evident, but also having another offensive option when it all fails, makes me appreciate spending hours and hours in twister side control. A very important part of the game. I've been playing with that double quad control that eddie uses in this episode has been money for me in keeping them form taking my back or forcing me to transition to reg side control or abort to knee belly. That drill alone Eddie is excellent!! (riding your opponent when he scrambles) to D'Souza.

We have been working truck transitions like crazy lately. Dejavu!!!! I love it!

The snatch from the truck is excellent. Eddies breakdown of the tactical side of getting to baseball bat control is a reminder to me about the importance of patience and having a poker face in your game. Set em up for the kill. And forcing the headlock to the twister was awesome!

Ben Saunders, Frankie and Curtis? You guys are awesome. Waching you guys go at it is always cool for me to watch. LIke brothas scrappin in tha back yard!! Its awesome for us soldiers around the world to see you guys put yourselves on the line so we can benefit. Thank you

That UFC vid highlighting Tony Ferguson Ben Saunders and Kelvin Gastelum was epic!! To see those guys reppin the system in that highlight was fantastic! I cant get enough of watching you guys wreckin shop!!

Nathan's grip breaker was dope. Great insight into maximising leverage. Thanks Nathan Orchard! Between the Bolt cutter and now Orchards tech at troubleshooting baseball bat, makes life at baseball bat control so much better offensively.

Cora Sek? Incredible highlight. I love that kid. She does so much for us all. Kids like Cora and Amazing Grace are vital to us. Thanks gals!!!! Best wishes for EBI 3

JEremy Fields rolling kimura to the 50/50 inside heel hook was awesome. I saw that in a highlight reel recently that he hit in a flash! Man I loved it so much, I asked him for a breakdown. Thanks Jeremy. I love those high level transitions to the leg attacks. Brilliant.

That sneaky Kamikaze!!!! Man thats a slick transition to the killing spot. And once again, Eddies details in reference to the organisation of limbs was great. knowing how to set the guy up and using his own movements to help set the Calf crank is vital. If you are a small dude or not the strongest gorilla in your academy, then you have no choice but to study all of eddies tactics and strategies especially from the truck. Huge for me and all my smaller fighters in our academy.

Thanks again Eddie. I know I probably over did it with this breakdown but thats how I feel about MTS!

I fucking love it!!

Osu!

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Another great episode! Nice feature on Lil Derick. I've only met him once but I love that lil guy tons of great technique revisited. And can't wait to see Grace & Cora wreck shop at EBI3
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Great episode without a doubt. It was really fun to be a part of it.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Something Eddie was saying has me questioning my game.

I like Twister Side Control (TSC) a great deal. People just don't know how to deal with it. The way Eddie frames it, maybe I'm not insane that the position is very nasty. If he turns left, he's going in the truck. If he turns right, he's going in the truck. If he stays there? I'm controlling him. I have time.

So, if I have to pass half guard, I like to Twister pass so I wind up in TSC.
    If I'm in orthodox side control, I start attacking kimuras on the far arm so that when he tries to get that arm out, I can shove an elbow in his armpit.

But that's not the kind of game Eddie was talking about there in that section about hitting the truck from TSC. He was talking about going to your orthodox domination game first and going to TSC if the orthodox game isn't working.

I feel weaker playing that game: I'm playing the game everyone else is ready to defend.

I know I need to have good fundamentals, that's fine. But if it's go time, if it's time to win and not time to learn, do you go to head and arm first?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Frank, you are awesome, I love you brother and all the things you do for the family, you are the epitome of a true team player and an extraordinary example of what the 10th Planet association needs in a general #grank4L :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Thank you Eddie. It's my pleasure!

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK BARCA View Post
    Eddie.... your view on working your strong side was cool too.
    I agree. I like what he said about Marcelo always choking with your right hand. I feel I've drilled with a number of guys that insist on doing both sides for drilling, but they're both loose. Great episode

Array

School
    Ronin
    I can't finish Marcelotine with my left hand... it feels like someone asking me to do my signature with my left hand.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham
    Hey Guys.
    I've asked Eddie this in his Q&A thread but I will also ask it here.
    I drill both sides and I make sure I'm getting the details on both sides. But would it be better just getting one side as good as possible or maybe doing like an 80/20 split?
    Any thoughts are much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Peace.