Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant

Your Go To Move from North/South Position

Hi 10P Family and Friends,
    I've been finding that even if I pass someone's guard in my class, a lot of guys have the power to just push off my body with their arms as I slide past their guard and eventually regain 1/2 or full guard. I've found that transitioning to N/S position lets me get past that "push you away" point. Once I'm in N/S though, I'm pretty much just looking to get side control on the other side of where I originally past the guard just by stepping around. So I guess my go to move from N/S is just to transition into side control.

What's your go to transition/setup/submission from N/S position?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    North/South Choke is one of my high percentage "go to" moves. I have a flow series thats a N/S choke, D'arce, Marcelotine, Armcoil Combo. There's also a Reverse Scarf step over americana thats real nasty from there as well. Ben one of my purples hits dudes with it all the time.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    So many options. I'm with Coach. Learn a good n/s choke and attack his defense if you can't secure the choke, but having a solid n/s changes the position completely.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    North South choke and D'arce. Don't have a lot of luck with the Kimura though I have been trying to rep it more.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    Hi 10P Family and Friends,
    I've found that transitioning to N/S position lets me get past that "push you away" point.

Getting to n/s alone improved my passing game tremendously. That's a huge key. From there, I try to utilize what belly fat I have to feel the openings of his elbows, working kimuras/armbars. But as mentioned above, a n/s south choke can be highly effective and can chain together a lot of other attacks, if for no other reason being that he has to defend it, possibly opening more arm attack options. My main defense from the bottom would be to frame your hips and pendulum my body away into half guard, or to do what's in the warm-ups and backward somersault into guard. A good pimp hand never hurt anyone. But these are all dependent on holes in their top-control. If my chest isn't pinned securely and I have mobility, then there can be some movement. So start w/ control first, then feel out your options.

Now if we're talking GI attacks, completely different story

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Something one of my black belt professors says constantly is that 'if the guy on the bottom did everything right, and the guy on top did everything right, the guy on top should win 100% of the time'

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Get to be laser quick with the north south choke and it's an awesome weapon to have in your arsenal

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester roots/Ronin
    I've been marcelotined many of times from that series coach. Could that be a weekend in the Roc episode showing your flow series from a N/S choke into a D'arce, Marcelotine, Armcoil Combo?

Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    Would love to see the North/South series, especially the stepover americana. I think I found Chris doing an armcoil ??

http://youtu.be/u96-o63oVaA

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Jones View Post
    I've been marcelotined many of times from that series coach. Could that be a weekend in the Roc episode showing your flow series from a N/S choke into a D'arce, Marcelotine, Armcoil Combo?
    lol "Weekend in the Roc"
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast