Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ

Insuring a Jiu Jitsu academy/school/club?

Hey everyone, I was just curious how people in different parts of the country are addressing insurance. Are academies different from a hotbox, are gyms different from clubs? What is the best LEGAL approach for this..?

Do you get insurance for the instructor?
    Do you get insurance for the school or club?
    Do you create well written forms and not insure?
    Etc
    What companies do you guys like to use?

I had a school in the past. We had insurance on every Individual student.

*NOTE*: Currently I am trying to simply teach a jiu jitsu class at a local fitness gym.

What is the best way to directly tackle this issue before it ever becomes one?

I am meeting with a few gyms this week and would like to be prepared to answer insurance related questions.

Thanks in advance!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Important to note we have no schools nearby. There will be no other forms of mma being taught. Pure no gi jiu jitsu. Controlled classes. And this would be at 2-3x a week class at a local fitness gym.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    I would assume you would piggie back off the gyms insurance and waivers thats how the clare hotbox is i believe. The gym just got new owners and we all had to sign new waivers.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Thanks David! You guys are a perfect example since you are in a gym (now just like me). Today we finalized an agreement at 4ever fitness in Iron Mountain, MI.

Sounds like he is just leaving it up to me and having them sign the gym waivers.
    Come train sometime!

Maybe someday i can become a 10p hotbox too, that would be awesome.

Array

School
    La salle high school
    This is extremely pleasant and respectable post....You shook posting it....Thanks a considerable measure for posting it.....!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    I'm guessing you and Greg are at different locations? I was under the impression this was for the yooper hotbox?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Greg is in Marquette Mi which is 90 miles away. They are at US Muay Thai and are an official hotbox. (I go there 2-3 times a week to train, and yes i drive 3 hours each time lol)

I am in Iron Mountain, MI and am starting regular no gi classes back up here. Not a hotbox.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Himansh View Post
    This is extremely pleasant and respectable post....You shook posting it....Thanks a considerable measure for posting it.....!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Went through a buddy that is an agent at State Farm. Got a million in liability for roughly 600 a year. It's not too complicated to get but I would STRONGLY suggest doing so.