Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    EBI should also have a theme song, kind of like NFL on Fox e.g. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbU4fPYRvcY). Have Smoke Serpent make the most recognizable music theme in BJJ history.

This will probably happen once EBI gets televised.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Well being good at jiu jitsu, or being knowledgeable about it, are not necessarily the same thing as being a good commentator for it. They did an OK job. But it was tight, a little awkward, with some pretty big goof ups. There were a few times where I was kind of embarrassed for them, and other times when I thought they were great.. funny, insightful, smart. It was kinda mixed for me.

It was like purple belt level commentary.
    Just about to watch it. I'm just going by what I know about the dudes. They're both OG bomb squad. I'll check for fucks tho I'll prolly remain silent. (I've fucked up once before...sssshhhhh) :-)
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Fuck up* damn smart phone
    submissionchallenge.com/

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Lachance View Post
    (3) Tell me about that Cash-Money: I think the cash incentive was only brought up in the very first match as a reason to finish before overtime. Then it was brought up when Tonon and Cummings were facing eachother. Other then that nothing. put those $$$ up on the screen, or put them on the lines in the bracket screen. heck, make cash fall from the sky I just want to know who's getting what and what's on the line. As they set up for the overtime (like 5-10seconds) it would be nice for something to be said like, "neither of these competitors will be getting the submission money for this round, but they are going to overtime to see who moves on".
    I love that idea. If you wanna make it like a TV show and we are trying to engage the audience, then this is a HUGE point. Really good idea.

Also, let's see a running clock on the overtime. That way we know how quickly the second player has to submit/escape. Basically like having a scoreboard on screen.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by john harris & sons View Post
    Just about to watch it. I'm just going by what I know about the dudes. They're both OG bomb squad. I'll check for fucks tho I'll prolly remain silent. (I've fucked up once before...sssshhhhh) :-)
    I think the main criticisms for the show were all for TJ De Santis (I think that was his name), not for Scott and Erik.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Cody MMA
    Guy announcing fighters was saying Renzo with hard R instead of H. Pretty good commentating by Compella, Ross and TJ.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Tj, if that was his name, was pretty cringe. Commentators should be knowledgable and passionate about the sport and the athletes. He was neither. "Josh Hinger, a virtually unknown, coming out of nowhere." Really dude.?.

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    ^^^Yes. Eric & Scott were fine, TJ was embarrassing. Especially when he kept telling Hinger to his face "nobody expected you to be here in the finals..." He just came across like somebody who knows nothing about JiuJitsu.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Array

School
    HQ
    I remember for EBI 2 the same announcer botched Renzo Gracie a bunch of times, most notably "Renzo Garcia" with an R.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I think the main criticisms for the show were all for TJ De Santis (I think that was his name), not for Scott and Erik.
    I see where the confusion was. Announcers don't have to know shit. They just must have a good voice & be able to legibly read what's on the cards given. Which he may have messed up, whoever wrote the cards my have been mistaken. Who cares! I was under misunderstanding Scott,&Erik were the ones in question. Which I was correct. When it comes to jiu jitsu knowledge traditional or 10p. They says the right stuffs.
    submissionchallenge.com/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast