Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet

Problems with flexibility

Hi family. I have a serious problem about flexibility, so I can not do the rubber guard and more execises properly. Any advice??

Thanks in advance

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Yoga.

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    Is it a medical problem? Is it that you can't stretch or just that you are not flexible ?
    If its the latter its like most thinks in jiu jitsu, put the reps in and stretch
    10Wo

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Broster View Post
    Is it a medical problem? Is it that you can't stretch or just that you are not flexible ?
    If its the latter its like most thinks in jiu jitsu, put the reps in and stretch
    Its not medical. Its just me, I try yoga once but it takes to much time I can waste in jiujitsu.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by milojitsu View Post
    I try yoga once but it takes to much time I can waste in jiujitsu.
    If you do not have the time to fix your flexibility, then what are we supposed to tell you? I guess learn to do Jiu Jitsu without any flexibility?

You can do an 90 minutes of yoga 4 times a week and quickly gain flexibility (assuming you have a good yoga instructor who can help you learn how to perform the postures). You were wanting to fix your flexibility in less than 6 hours a week? Not gonna happen.

Flexibility is something you really have to work for. It takes time, patience, persistence, perseverance.

If you are looking for some kind of magic elixer that you can drink where it takes no time to increase your flexibility... no such thing exists that I am aware of... maybe one of the black belts can be of more help locating such a concoction.

Array

School
    10th Planet Long Beach
    Yoga is definitely not a waste. You can do it at home if you buy a mat and watch some youtube videos if time is a big concern. It takes a while to get flexible 6 months - 1 year depending on how consistent you are and how flexible you are to begin with. Overall it will benefit your bjj game so it isn't a waste at all.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Just take about 20-30 minutes to stretch after you finish rolling, you will be nice and warmed up, which will help you gain flexibility.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Stretch every chance you get. That 30 minutes a day doesn't have to all be at the same time. 5 minute here, 10 minutes there it adds up. If your on the computer or watching videos you could be stretching. Also eat clean. Wheat products and chemicals in food can cause inflammation. Check your posture all day long when standing and sitting. Bad posture promotes flexibility problems in the legs. Took me years to get the full package of all this going at the same time but it worked for me recently

Just got to full lotus for the first time last night. I do a qigong meditation in lotus but only half lotus for at least 15 minutes even though I'm supposed to work up to 1 hour, it helped a lot. Things loosen up after 10 minutes of relaxing your mind and body. That's the only thing that might be different from others

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita Winnipeg
    Relax into Strecth - Pavel Tsatouline. This book has awesome concepts, but the one catch is the time. Spend time in the position you want to improve and just relax into it. There's no rushing flexibility.

http://www.amazon.ca/Relax-into-Stre.../dp/0938045288

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick hornick View Post
    Relax into Strecth - Pavel Tsatouline. This book has awesome concepts, but the one catch is the time. Spend time in the position you want to improve and just relax into it. There's no rushing flexibility.

http://www.amazon.ca/Relax-into-Stre.../dp/0938045288
    Crap, completely forgot to post the Relax into stretch video. Somebody posted this on the forum a while back. Helped me a lot also. This guys method of relaxing into the stretch is way better than just pulling on stuff with tension in your muscles.

Video might not stay up forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast