Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    I don't notice anything taking the maximum dose, but a lot of guys at the gym swear by it for whatever that's worth.

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    First, let me start off by amending a previous statement.

I said that Alpha Brain has CDP choline, when in fact it has alpha gpc choline (hence Alpha Brain, I suppose). Both of these forms are supposed to have higher bio-availability than choline bitartrate. But they're much more expensive, for what's in my opinion, something that is a small hindrance for such a higher price.

Ok, so every form of choline is composed of two separate entities, either bonded together or as an ionic salt; it is composed of the positively charged choline molecular ion, and a negatively charged molecular ion of a differing variety. This is how they make it into a dry, manipulative powder/crystalline form to put into capsules.

There are three main supplemental types: alpha GPC, CDP, and choline bitartrate. Most studies that I've seen have tested either CDP or alpha GPC; I personally haven't read any using choline bitartrate. Both GPC and CDP seem to have high bio-availability, and supposedly are better than choline bitartrate. HOWEVER, choline is ESSENTIAL for many functions within the human body, so when you eat it, your body is going to want to NOT let any slip through the cracks. So any bio-availability issues, in my opinion, are insignificant, especially when considering that buying bulk powder allows you to super saturate your body with the stuff. As for what is most "natural", I'd personally say they all are, but I'm coming from the standpoint of the essential aspect of choline. It's naturally found in eggs and meats, but if you're looking for a higher order nootropic effect, your diet is going to be pretty heavy on raw eggs. So I'd say that choline, period, is good for you.

One of the issues though, I guess (hasn't happened to me), is that bitartrate (the chemical itself) can potentially cause gastrointestinal issues at first, using high dosages. Like I said, this hasn't happened with me, although I did slowly build up to the large amounts I currently take. I am unsure of the other forms and their potential for issues as such.

This leads me to the next point, which is that every form you take only has so much choline per serving. Choline bitartrate, for example, is 40% choline and 60% bitartrate, so when I say I take 1000-3000 mg of choline each day, I'm talking about strictly the choline. The actual value of the total mass of the powder I take is much larger (~7500 mg).

As for your second paragraph, I'd say that it doesn't stop after three weeks, your brain and body just become normalized to the state that hyper-saturation gives you. If you're in it to get high or something, this isn't for you. If you're in it to enhance learning ability, concentration, nervous system response, and cell membrane quality, etc, then this IS for you.
    Thanks for the information, and no I not looking to get high I'm looking for better concentration and enhance learning.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    What's the word on the Total Primate stuff?

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    I take it, highly recommend it and can feel a noticeable difference when I do or don't take it. For me, and I'm sure you call can agree, jiu jitsu is a seconds game. If you miss a brief moment opportunity, the entire outcome of the match can be changed. Alpha Brain helps me capitalize on those split second reactions. I've had training partners take it and love it and others say they didn't feel any noticeable differences. Which is understandable. Not everyone is completely in tune with their body either. I say this, if you're training consistently, sleeping and eating well and doing every possible thing to better your game, then Alpha Brain is a nice thing to supplement with. Otherwise, cover those bases first. And for the record, I take a wide array of other vitamins religiously before training or tourneys (shroomtech for sure) and like a good amount of caffeine before, as well, which helps me with the mental acuity .

Array

School
    Kamikaze Punishment Foundation
    It helps me with reading at ton and focus during technical training sessions. Affected my life positive so far.

Array

School
    10th Planet Long Beach
    I took shroom tech and alpha brain and didn't notice any difference other than my dreams. I definitely had crazy dreams and remembered them more often. Other than that I never felt like I had more energy on shroom tech nor did I focus better on alpha brain.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Shroom tec sport + Alpha Brain + blue dream or golden goat + 3 red vines is my pre train formula. Something in there works.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234