Array

School
    Ronin

Advice on running a sub only competition?

Ireland is a bit of a black hole for good quality sub only nogi competitions so I think its time to step up and run one. Yesterday, I attended my second comp in a few months and for the second time literally stood around all day and didn't get a match due to poor planning. Got a refund but what good is that when your jacked up and ready to rock for 6 hours on a Sunday!

There is plenty of grapplers out there for it and Ive got a good facility with mats and with some careful planning I think I could run it pretty smoothly. Any recommendations or advice greatly appreciated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix / Kings MMA HB / United Fight Apparel
    Hey man, I have started recently putting on small nogi sub only single elimination tournaments at my house, and I know that sounds shady but I have a legit large caged mat space / gym at my house and everyone had a great time. I had my first tournament a few months ago for blue belts $20 entry fee. It was tough cause we had guys pull out the day of the tournament and had to adjust the field so every one had a match but I was only dealing with a few guys. We originally had 10 signed up and 6 showed up ready to play. It did turn out great, every one had fun and I have another tournament set up for April 12th with 2 fields (Blues 165 and under /an Absolute division) 100% pay back to the guys ( I pay the referee) I plan to get larger to the point of renting a venue but that in the future. I attached my flyer so you can check it out and yes I did use the EBI style rules for for this. Only thing i can recommend is get a great waiver set set up and just put a small tournament together and learn as you get larger.
    Flyer.JPG