Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I love when my guys catch with a technique that I taught them. It makes me feel like I'm doing my job properly.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    I love when my guys catch with a technique that I taught them. It makes me feel like I'm doing my job properly.
    YES! I rarely "let" people tap me, but I often choose to tap to students using good technique. I think one role of the instructor is to provide students a super intelligent grappling dummy to provide problems with the body and not just words. If I let a student put me in spiderweb and his technique is clean he should get a sub. I present him with problems, but smashing him every time doesn't teach much.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill Schwartz View Post
    YES! I rarely "let" people tap me, but I often choose to tap to students using good technique. I think one role of the instructor is to provide students a super intelligent grappling dummy to provide problems with the body and not just words. If I let a student put me in spiderweb and his technique is clean he should get a sub. I present him with problems, but smashing him every time doesn't teach much.
    +1

exactly!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boor View Post
    Just a general question here but if a black belt is legit rolling with his/her students (like they should be) how often are they actually getting tapped or at least put in serious trouble?
    A question I have is how often are red or coral belts getting tapped? Is there any documented proof on YouTube or otherwise of a grandmaster getting caught in a twister? That would blow my frickin mind

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    All great responses. I was definitely referring to actually technically tapping a blackbeltch and not so much using strength, size, or athleticism.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    If a black belt isnt getting tapped, he's/she's either not trying new things or he/she has too big of an ego which should have been crushed out long ago.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boor View Post
    All great responses. I was definitely referring to actually technically tapping a blackbeltch and not so much using strength, size, or athleticism.
    It's a valid question and one that I'm curious of as well, though the answer in itself would be contradictory to the spirit of it it seems.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Tapping is just part of training and means nothing. Had a black belt once tell me when he was a blue he tapped a BB. Doesn't mean he was a BB. Now that he is a BB he has been tapped by a blue. Doesn't mean he is not a BB now.

Array

School
    EcoleBase Angers, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    A question I have is how often are red or coral belts getting tapped? Is there any documented proof on YouTube or otherwise of a grandmaster getting caught in a twister? That would blow my frickin mind
    A red belt is at least 67 years old. His joints are probably in a used state after 58 years of training. His fitness isn't as good either because in theory his heartrate doesn't get over 153. A younger, heavier, faster and fitter blue belt could wear down an old guy and tap him out before the end of the round. This doesn't mean that technically the red belt is not excellent, it just means he knows his joints, physical limits and is taking it easy so he can come back and train the next day.
    In any case, I'd try my luck with Eddie Bravo but I'd respectfully not submit a Grand Master(even if I could).

After you roll it's Highlander rules, you tap someone higher ranked you get there belt

That's how I got my brown

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast