Array

School
    10th Planet MTS

Omoplata finish variation (Rener Gracie)

Looked interesting, thought I'd share for those who haven't seen it

Starts around 10:06

https://youtu.be/UJ0H77gwPrU?t=606

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Yea I've watched the shit out of his website and he's really good with articulating details, but the 'secret' that he says will 'change your mma game forever' is something I've seen from four or five different professors, including in Advanced Rubber Guard. Block the ankle, pull the hip. The one detail that stood out was pulling the guy over his shin as opposed to over his knee. It does appear to be an art seeing as how people can roll to defend four, five, six times before finally having their balance broken, the timing of which few in the world have truly mastered. Maybe a Ben Saunders or Clark Gracie that pulls it off at high level comp, so it can be done.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 04-21-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Nice, 10th Planet Charlotte instructor used to talk about using that opposite side arm technique. The stiff arm is interesting. Ive been in 2 fights where the guys sat up with me in jiu claw. Nice to hear the explanation

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Im a strong Omaplata player. This is very interesting to me. I totaly agree with his %%% on the success of the OP in reference to sweeps vs subs. Im going to play with this one for sure.

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Great post! Love it! Ice picking is usually very effective for me but I will add this to my tool bag and try it out. My only concern is giving up wrist control when controlling the hips. Looks like keeping everything tight it shouldn't be an issue once it's been rep'd countless times as it should be.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Wow.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Chicago
    That is a really nice variation/detail. I'll have to try that out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I like it. Gonna mess around with it. I've seen ideas like this. I think something like was in Advanced Rubber Guard, right?
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    whats stopping him from just rolling out of it without the seatbelt across the back? Good luck trying to stop that roll with your thumb. Am i missing something?

Ill play with it live but my guess is most of these guys will just blast roll out of it before i get them on their side for the finish.
    Last edited by VJ Bella; 04-22-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    You're letting go of his arm with your right hand and seat-belting him with it... I know he showed it in steps in the breakdown, but I was assuming it was one motion... left hand on ankle right hand around waist...

Maybe im completely wrong, that was just my assumption... if so, then just be really fast with it!

if this move is legit and can increase the % of transition from Jiu Claw to Omoplata, it would be great for RG players.
    That better be one quick ass transition. I'll play with it tomorrow night. It could be a nice move... Ill have to play. Will report back.