Array

School
    Ronin

Beginners program?

Any of the moons/hotboxes have a white belt curriculam that you follow apart from the warmups?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I teach all my fundamental classes out of the warm ups.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Morning Star Jiu Jitsu - Denver
    We have beginner classes and keep it very basic.

- Fundamental movements like forward rolls, back rolls, shrimping and standing up from base.
    - We focus on the details on how to finish the submissions properly so once a student comes to the more advanced classes they know how to finish an armbar and we can focus more on the set ups....etc.
    - What the different guards are and what each one is mostly used for
    - Different types of mounts and how to maintain them and transition between them
    - What the different side control positions are and where to go from each position...N/S, Mount, Knee on Belly.
    - Guard passing concepts for both high loose passes and low tight passes

A lot of it is getting them comfortable with what the positions are and learning BJJ terminology

Those are just some examples of what we want our students to know before coming to the advanced classes. The advanced classes are all about set ups, combos, counters and more complex techniques.
    Tim Gillette | Owner/Instructor
    Morning Star Jiu Jitsu - Denver
    www.MorningStarJJ.com
    info@MorningStarJJ.com
    720-917-4014

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I teach all my fundamental classes out of the warm ups.
    Thanks Chris. I miss 10p Rochester

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gillette View Post
    We have beginner classes and keep it very basic.

- Fundamental movements like forward rolls, back rolls, shrimping and standing up from base.
    - We focus on the details on how to finish the submissions properly so once a student comes to the more advanced classes they know how to finish an armbar and we can focus more on the set ups....etc.
    - What the different guards are and what each one is mostly used for
    - Different types of mounts and how to maintain them and transition between them
    - What the different side control positions are and where to go from each position...N/S, Mount, Knee on Belly.
    - Guard passing concepts for both high loose passes and low tight passes

A lot of it is getting them comfortable with what the positions are and learning BJJ terminology

Those are just some examples of what we want our students to know before coming to the advanced classes. The advanced classes are all about set ups, combos, counters and more complex techniques.
    Thanks Tim, thats pretty much what I've been doing. A blend of the warmups and the very basics.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Warm ups are a big part but I do have a couple extra for the blue belt curriculum.
    #10thplanetFREAKS