Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Roux View Post
    Anyhow,doesn`t this seem to follow then trend of Neil and Randy....... People trying to make money off of the fighters by giving them a belt and promoting there system. Here is my problem.. if you watch Forest fight I don`t see much of Drysdale in his technique, Watch randy fight and yeah he is a great grappler, is that how Neil Melanson fights. Not really
    Randy has his own style and he could tell the world he is a black belt in Randy Courture and the world would buy his books and learn to fight his way. But instead he said hey! thanks for the Black Belt.
    This is what Eddie did., .................................................. ......
    Eddie trains his fighters and gives them a belt according to what he thinks they are. When we watch them fight we see a bit of eddie in their style.
    That is not what Randy did.........
    Or Forest...........
    Randy may be a catch wrestler and I bet............he could tap the shit out of Neil. If Neil is his master show me the money, techniques, you know what I mean. Videos, fights you name it. I know Randy is a beast, who could tap him out..... Who is his master.
    Go out to Vegas and grapple with Forrest. See what you think.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    With how long Forrest has been training I'm surprised he already wasn't a black belt. Pros train this stuff all the time, way more than you're typical 9-5 weekend warrior. Forrest has been an active fighter for over 9 years now so he's probably had at least 10 years of jiujitsu training before he got his black belt.

It makes sense to me.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    With how long Forrest has been training I'm surprised he already wasn't a black belt. Pros train this stuff all the time, way more than you're typical 9-5 weekend warrior. Forrest has been an active fighter for over 9 years now so he's probably had at least 10 years of jiujitsu training before he got his black belt.

It makes sense to me.
    +1

Randy and Forrest have enough of mat time and experience to warrent black belts IMO

I believe i'm correct when i say that Forrest had his purple from a SBGi instructor since he was on the Ultimate Fighter show. That was quite a bit of time ago. And if you say that Drysdale doesn't know a black belt when he sees one and you question his judgment, you're a fucking douche bag. What do you know? You're maybe a purple at best?

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    He's a white belt, Robert

Thus why I said maybe a purple at best Sir Chow.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kipness View Post
    You're maybe a purple at best?
    Please don't disrespect purple belts.

Im glad Forest is awsome and his book is the best thing iv read to date. Has Jason Mayhem Miller got his black yet he has been a brown for ages, his jitz is slick.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    I'm sorry about the post, it was late and I was a little under the influence. I agree, forest has been in it for awhile and must have alot of mat time. I don't expect anyone to be carbon copies, we all find our own way.

Array

School
    Anu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post

It makes sense to me.
    ^This^...I would bet the house that Forrest has BB level jiu jitsu for sure and Drysdale's not gonna promote him for any other reason other than that he absolutely has earned it...ttt for Forrest

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast