Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias Sieber View Post
    Please don't disrespect purple belts.
    Where did I disrespect a purple belt?

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kipness View Post
    Thus why I said maybe a purple at best Sir Chow.
    How is he "maybe" a purple? Why can't he "maybe" be a brown belt at best? Or as his profile says...maybe he's just a white belt

What brown belt is gonna question the judgment of someone as good as Robert Drysdale? I gave him the benefit of the doubt by saying maybe a purple at best. Maybe he just got his purple and had an ego. Not everyone here puts their true belt rank on their profile.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    sometimes I don't know about the posts people make. I'm perplexed that someone as great at jiu jitsu as Robert Drysdale get questioned by his belt ranking. WTF?

People questioning this are probably not factoring in that this is a pure (Jiu-Jitsu) rank not a (Jiu-Jitsu in MMA) rank and even though you haven't seen a very high level game from Forest in his MMA fights it doesn't mean his pure grappling skills are not at this level.

Things can become very different for people in MMA when punches are being thrown if their ground game doesn't have a philosophy behind it of controlling the opponent using only limbs and not the Gi.

And this is a Gi - Jiu-Jitsu rank correct?

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cook View Post
    Chuck, There has to be some flaw in your logic there, because there is no way in hell anyone is gonna make money off of you.
    Ryan I was just confused with his post and trying to make some sense of it. However next time I see you, your gonna get smashed son.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    I am sure Forrest has ground skills, but what I was curious about was does he get a Nth dimension black belt or a bjj black belt? And as far as my rank goes I have none.
    With 10th planet if you have a black belt you become brown until you fully know the system. Does Forrest know the whole nth dimension system if it is a system or just bjj?

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    No need to get all hostile, I did'nt say drysdayle does'nt know a black when he sees one. Regardless of rank, which I have none, I am just curious as to what kind of style Forest has. As far as me questioning his judgment, why don't you get off drydales nuts. I can question who I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Roux View Post
    I am sure Forrest has ground skills, but what I was curious about was does he get a Nth dimension black belt or a bjj black belt? And as far as my rank goes I have none.
    With 10th planet if you have a black belt you become brown until you fully know the system. Does Forrest know the whole nth dimension system if it is a system or just bjj?
    It's a BJJ black belt. I don't believe it's actually called 9th dimension anymore. That was just the name of his video.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    So let me ask you guys this, a brown belt who has developed his own style of jiu-jitsu, who has been training all over the place with different coaches, goes to a gym and signs up, puts in the time on the mat, shows up to each practice, drills, rolls, spars, taps people out, does competitions, wins, helps the instructor teach and puts in his own teaching time. However during this time, his style does not change to his last coaches style. Does this guy not deserve a black belt in the sport? Should he wait 10 years under one coach and just then and there when his style changed to the coaches he should get his belt?

As far as I know and I heard this many times from black belts who trained their own blackbelts, belt shows the time and effort you put in the sport more than anything else. It shows your willingness, heart, teaching, dedication... there are blackbelts out there that have never competed and could be easily crushed by many athletic brown belts, or never really roll with their coaches style, that does not mean they don't deserve their belts or ranks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast