Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    No Gym Yet- Southern CA Area

Honest opinion please: Extra drive for training at HQ worth it?

Hi everyone!

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and hopefully respond honestly. I live about 45 min from the 10th planet HQ, but only about 10 min from a different 10th planet location.

I'm not trying to start anything like one location is better than another, but you have to admit it would be cool to train with Eddie after making it through the intro stuff.

Can anyone with any kind of experience about this give me an opinion? I know members of satellite 10th planets can drop into the HQ, but I think it's only like once a month max.

Is it worth the drive? Any reason to chose one over the other?

I really do appreciate it.

Array

School
    I guess it boils down to this : I'm pretty new to BJJ and just want to know if it was you, what would you do?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I would go to whatever location you will make it to consistently and you can always stop by other locations when you have time.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    pat's answer is always the answer, especially as a newbie who will need all the motivation to get there after a few weeks/months of getting his ego reduced. don't provide easy excuses for yourself.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    As a beginner, Id personally say you can get your ears wet at either 10p school. There isnt a major advantage to one over the other until you get established in the sport.

. Once you have established your game, you can really focus on the instructors that have similar styles to match your game. Some will play into your style more than others. Right now, you need basics and more basics. Both are good. I would personally hit home school as much as possible and try to hit HQ 1-2 times a week.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Whichever you would be more consistent with.

Array

School
    I really appreciate all the replies. I guess I should clarify that I'm not totally new to BJJ. I trained for a year a few years ago, but am super rusty and never made it past white belt. Plus, I trained with a GI. Based on that I consider myself very new.

Has anyone actually trained with Eddie? Does he go super fast or really hammer details of what he's teaching? What's it like? I tried to research this and have seen him teaching his classes on YouTube, and it looks great. That's the main reason I would consider joining the LA gym and driving.

Array

School
    Also, I was told I could only drop in to the HQ once a month. If I could come once a week and train close to home 2x or 3x a week as well I would just do that and not waste the forums time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Training with Eddie is great, but consistency is key. Facing a 45 min drive every night (or more if you hit traffic) will be an easy excuse to not go train. I would regularly train at whatever moon is closest and maybe pick one night a week to go train at HQ. It's going to take you some time to figure out the warm ups before you can attend Eddie's classes anyway.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    That's true. Thank you Pat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast