Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Din Thomas Association

No 10th Planet that's close?

I have a question. I live in Durham, NC and have started a grappling club teaching kids some grappling techniques. They have found a love for no gi and I have order the Eddie's dvd rubber guard set. How is promotion geared when their is no 10th planet gym nearby.

Would I have to have Eddie come or another black belt test us?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Khalil

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    You gotta go train with a 10th planet school for hope of rank. Whatever it take make it happen. There no such thing as too far. Ask Frank Barca
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Din Thomas Association
    Brent thanks for the quick response

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    There's a lot of interest to get a school going out there. A few folks have jumped on here in the past about the same thing in that area. There's a 10P blue belt out there that you can get in touch with, Anthony Edwards.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    THe only other option you have (if this is still valid) for getting ranked remote: (thanks to Aaron Gustaveson for redigging this one up too)

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...=ranked+online

• 10 Videos - competition wins with a 10th Planet patch, posted on your 10th Planet profile (you can have other school patches too).

• Plus 5, 10th Planet technique videos.
    - 1 of all the half guard u know
    - 1 of all the rg u know
    - 1 of all the twister u know
    - 1 of all the deep hook transitions u know
    - 1 of all the passes u know

all unedited in one swoop.

• You gotta show me how much you know without looking at notes. Then you get a promotion, blue, purple or brown.
    • Every promotion no matter what color will require the same 15 videos. Naturally the 5 technique videos will be critiqued a lot harder for a purple than a blue, or for a brown than a purple.
    10th Planet head instructors that are non-black belts can only rank their students to blue. All Nibiru warriors, enrolled in official 10th Planet schools run by non-black belts, who want to get their purple or brown must be first recommended by their instructor and then submit 5 technique videos to this site. 1 of all the half guard u know, 1 of all the rg u know, 1 of all the twister u know, 1 of all the deep hook transitions u know, and 1 of all the passes u know, all unedited in one swoop. You gotta show me how much you know without looking at notes.

I had heard one person has accomplished this so far, the rest have either made it a point to visit a moon on a consistent basis and then eventually have gotten belted.

Array

School
    Din Thomas Association
    Thanks

Array

School
    Team R.O.C. (10th planet ronin)
    Hey man, i train in raleigh if you ever want to roll at one of the open mats or drill some of the warm-ups (I need to drill these more too) hmu if your interested

Array

School
    Din Thomas Association
    I sent you a direct message!

Where in Raleigh do you train?

Just trying to understand, you are currently a blue belt training at a bjj gym and now want to rank kids in No Gi?

Array

School
    Din Thomas Association
    The kids enjoy No Gi and they asked how could they get rank grappling with the Gi.

I am a blue belt that I received when I trained in Florida, now I just share what I have learned with the kids at a space I rent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast