Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    Ralf Warneking is a black belt in the system. and probably in better shape than 90% of people fullstop. Correct me if I'm wrong but he is past 50. He competed against a guy 24 years younger than him recently, while injured and still did bloody well.

Age can be a factor but it doesn't have to be. just more reason to work harder.
    Human measurements of time do not apply to Ralf.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    Ralf Warneking is a black belt in the system. and probably in better shape than 90% of people fullstop. Correct me if I'm wrong but he is past 50. He competed against a guy 24 years younger than him recently, while injured and still did bloody well.
    Late aged man who's a BB in the system who still competes?! I've never seen, met or even heard of this guy till just now and he's my hero.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Ralph is a bad ass. I had the pleasure of meeting him in 2012 when we were both visiting hq. I'm 47 and usually the oldest guy where ever I happen to be.

Array

School
    10th Planet Darlington England
    Totally agree with that statement.

Array

School
    10th Planet Darlington England
    It seems like Ralf Warneking is the flag bearer for the more mature players. I've seen some of his videos and you can see he has so much enthusiasm. Also flexibility, dexterity, strength and what looks like about 1% body fat which always helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Im 44 years young and I do ok..

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Array

School
    One Combat Academy
    To you older gentlemen, do you find that you roll differently than the younger guys? Are there differences in technique selection based on your age, flexibility, etc?

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    I turn 48 in July and am the Indy Moonhead and still compete in tournaments as well MMA. I'm one of the older Moonheads. i think there are a couple older than me.

As far as technique selection, I don't think it's age based. I think everyone has their own style based on their ability and success. Flexibility does play a part but not due to age. I'm more flexible now than 30 yrs ago when I was in high school and hell, look at Eddie, he's a few years younger than me and look how flexible he is.

Array

School
    One Combat Academy
    Fair point, Jay, thanks for the answer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast