Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Lotus Club Jiu-Jitsu Miami / Former "Miami HotBox"
    I'm 43 and have some injuries that will never go away.. I think i do ok with the younger guys... but im a target also for the guys that just want a to tap a higher belt.. Do you guys in older range and higher belts also have to deal with that? and if so, what are your advice if any.. Also do you feel that you need to push more and more cus all these younger folks they seem to never stop LOL. Any way just my 2 cents..

Array

School
    10th Planet Darlington England
    I feel your pain Manny. Literally. I have injuries that are with me always. I think sometimes some of the the younger guys are disappointed with them selves if they have to tap to me (body language). I get some respect because I am older and still active, but I don't like it when respect changes to "going easy on the old guy".
    There are guys in my gym who can smash me at will. With those I get my kicks from a pass or an escape from a sub attempt with these guys. I delay the inevitable as long as I can. If I put them in a tight spot they usually have another gear. I entered NAGA UK this year. It was refreshing to find a tournament that had a category for my age group. (Executive). I think the fact that I am more than 10 years older than the next closest team member put me in good stead when I finally got in a match with someone my own age and weight.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Dont forget about Master Eddie setting the bar high for us over 40 guys in his rematch with Royler. He was ripped

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123