Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ

Gracie Regionals 1st place Blue Belt 155

Been a while since my last comp, but finally back on the mats in comp. Won gold in Blue belt at 155! Want to thank everyone who has helped me grow my game every day. Can't wait to keep competing

I did come out flat and cold. My first match was against close friend and training partner 10p Chicago's Dan Conway. He is very leg lock and RG heavy in his game and super tricky. He already competed the day before and had a match prior, so he seemed to come out ready, warm and instantly jumped onto his game. I had to jump into a defensive mode and just survive for a bit.. Had some chances of my own too but didn't finish. It was a really close battle. Halfway through my upset stomach and adrenaline dumped on me, so I gassed. It was a really bad match for me physically. But I had my chance at redemption in the finals to show my skills.

Unfortunately 7min into the match Dan blew out his LCL.. Not the way I would EVER want to advance to the finals.. It was an awesome match that ended in a terrible way.

Derek Stewart asked me to post match video to forums for educational purposes. Here is match 1.

WARNING:SOME CONTENT IS *******NSFW******
    GRAPHIC VIDEO WITH SERIOUS INJURY
    Last edited by stan myaskovskiy; 05-06-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Match 1:
    Warning:
    *****NSFW******
    Last edited by stan myaskovskiy; 05-05-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Match #2 was the finals and my adrenaline was good. I felt focused and ready. My team called for leg locks on the guy. I went right out and grabbed the straight ankle lock for gold Definitely felt better and stayed more technical. Had fun!
    Last edited by stan myaskovskiy; 05-05-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Really unfortunate accident with Conway. I was the guy who gave you eye drops by the way, fun fact.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Was nice to meet you! Thanks for the eye drops. I lost a contact and mouthguard in that match. It was tough. Oh, and sorry I never got to show you the bouncer from twister. :/

Array

School
    Haha no worries. Lucky for you my allergies were bombing me and I was packing

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Chicago
    Why did you and Conway have go against each other for the first match? Don't most tournaments try to wait til later rounds to have teammates go against each other?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDan84 View Post
    Why did you and Conway have go against each other for the first match? Don't most tournaments try to wait til later rounds to have teammates go against each other?
    It was a super 10p heavy tournament so it was pretty unavoidable

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDan84 View Post
    The whole card also got jumbled. My first match was supposed to be vs bonnie from 10p St. Paul. I somehow got a bye last second. Not sure what happened. First she was to face Dan. Then Me. Then she ended up kneebarring a Gracie!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    I can't even express how happy I am that you beat the guy in the green rashie
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast