Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Titan Fighter London

How do we get graded??

Could someone explain how the grading works through the website? do we recieve belt by post and certificate etc?

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    If you're asking in terms of "how do I get ranked for 10th Planet if I don't have a school near me" then this is what I have from the notes I did save (not sure how recent it is, there was a thread where Aaron (forget last name) had posted it too. The only other options is to make the road trips to train with the nearest Moonhead and it's to their discretion when to rank you.

• 10 Videos - competition wins with a 10th Planet patch, posted on your 10th Planet profile (you can have other school patches too).

• Plus 5, 10th Planet technique videos.
    - 1 of all the half guard u know
    - 1 of all the rg u know
    - 1 of all the twister u know
    - 1 of all the deep hook transitions u know
    - 1 of all the passes u know

all unedited in one swoop.

• You gotta show me how much you know without looking at notes. Then you get a promotion, blue, purple or brown.
    • Every promotion no matter what color will require the same 15 videos. Naturally the 5 technique videos will be critiqued a lot harder for a purple than a blue, or for a brown than a purple.
    10th Planet head instructors that are non-black belts can only rank their students to blue. All Nibiru warriors, enrolled in official 10th Planet schools run by non-black belts, who want to get their purple or brown must be first recommended by their instructor and then submit 5 technique videos to this site. 1 of all the half guard u know, 1 of all the rg u know, 1 of all the twister u know, 1 of all the deep hook transitions u know, and 1 of all the passes u know, all unedited in one swoop. You gotta show me how much you know without looking at notes.

If anyone else has any recent updates on the above (Coach Herzog, Eddie....) please chime in.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Since you live in London. Go Here: http://www.10thplanetjj.com/locations/london/

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    You're best bet is to get graded through a moon close to you or travel to HQ and get it from Eddie that way
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Titan Fighter London
    Thank you so much thats helped a lot!!!

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    I think its best to establish a relationship with the instructor before you worry about grading. Now if you live in London and he lives in LA, that can be difficult. However, you can build some sort of awareness of who you are through this forum. But introducing yourself to the instructor by asking "how can I get promoted?" may not be the best approach. Its like starting a new job and asking, "When does my vacation start?" on your first day.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Go to 10th Planet London, train your ass off. When Jamie feels you are ready he will promote you. The option Herb is talking about is for those that do not have a10th Planet affiliate in their area and wouldn't apply to you.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Titan Fighter London
    I've been grappling for a while dude and yeah im just wondering how its done online because when i was registering it said gradings online and i thought hm how does that work so yeah im in no rush mate

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Eddie also says, "Any jiu jitsu is better thatn no jiu jitsu". 10th planet respects the ranks of other brazilian jiu jitsu schools, with the exception of black belt. You can always rank up elsewhere.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    I'm of the theory that if you keep showing up to class, keep improving, buying in to what the instructor is saying etc, you'll get ranked. Simple as that. Consistency. At the end of the day, if one is serious about getting a 10p black belt, an ordinate amount of time would eventually need to be invested at an actual moon to be on the 10p radar. This is my logical inference based on what makes the most sense in the long run.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast