My First Comp at the Southend Open - Electric chair finish

Competed for the first time yesterday at the Southend Open. I lost my first via kimura to the eventual Winner. Not the best way to start especially as it was over so quickly. My next opponent dropped out so had to fight one more for the Bronze. It was a really well run competition, it was IBJJF rules so you did feel restricted. The judging was inconsistent at times and some competitors were being told to release lock downs. I have supported my 10P family at other events but this was the first time I had really witnessed the politics and almost contempt by some for our style. Rules are rules but there were some very questionable decisions. So it was nice to finish my last match as I did. Some were saying it was ilegal but when you have Jamie Scott in your corner chances are your gonna win any debate. We had 5 people compete and 10th Planet London took 1 gold 1 silver 1 bronze. Can't wait for the next one. just to mention my little nephew made his debut as well and took bronze.Theres 33 years between us. That's the power of jiu jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    Well done Dave! I heard from some of the other guys that some of the refs weren't...up to standard. Glad you enjoyed your first competition

Thanks Brv ..I see a pic earlier of you getting your hand raised..did you compete at the weekend

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    Yeah mate, two wins, two losses. lost the bronze medal match to a beast of a wrestler, but my phone died, so unfortunately no footage

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Yeah mate, two wins, two losses. lost the bronze medal match to a beast of a wrestler, but my phone died, so unfortunately no footage
    Well done Brv..There's videos of the other fights at the Southend Open. Once I get them I'll post them up. Andrew won 4 fights to take gold and Tom won silver. Ilja had a stacked bracket and came 4th unfortunately Axel fractured his rib in his first fight. Hopefully see you soon

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    Well done again Dave
    10Wo

Array

School
    Ronin
    Nice work bro!

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Nice man.

Array

School
    10th planet sf
    No fucking around there, well done Dave!!!!

Nice way to end and to get the 3rd place.