Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I'm SERIOUSLY sick of having fat dudes sitting on me. Struggling to breathe sucks. I've been VERY close to tapping just from pressure on several occasions... especially when exhausted.

There is no choice other than to keep going back, despite knowing those fat asses are going to put all their weight on my diaphragm and just wait for me to become exhausted so they can tap me. Fuckers.

They seem to know this game, so they sit on me and let me struggle to get out, repeatedly. They don't even try to submit, they just keep their fat asses on top of me as long as they can. When I escape they roll back on top of me. Once I'm completely gassed they can slowly and methodically submit me any way they like... usually by collar choking me.

Often by that point I'm so damn tired I'm thinking "just fucking tap me out already, I need to rest, and maybe vomit".

Ugh...
    This is how I developed my guard recovery. The gym I spend most of my time at is EXTREMELY heavy on shoulder pressure. Even the little guys feel like 300 lbs when they are driving their whole body into your face.

Work on your 1/4 guard and 1/2 guard recovery. Master the Mini-stomp. Warm-ups E is your best friend. You will be hitting Electric Chairs and Vaporizers on these monsters before you know it.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    +1 on it being all perspective. I'm 2 years in now. To a day 1 white belt I look like a world champion tapping them over and over. Then I roll with my coach or a higher belt and I get reminded of just how much I still have to improve. If I could face the me from 1 year ago, it would be an absolute ass whooping, and that's the mindset you have to keep. Don't compare yourself to anyone but the guy you were yesterday

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Craig, it sounds between this post and the other one that your frames and hip movement could def use some work. With bigger people you want to move around them, if that makes sense. For example, if your clinch is right in the rubber guard, most of the time your opponent will be on the side of you, not on top of you. For side control, start observing more and frame, shrimp, and recover before they settle. The longer I do Jiu Jitsu it's crazy how much your hips are involved. Get your hip movement up and it will improve all of your movements. I learned this by getting smashed repetitively at tournaments for a year or so. My learning experience took so much time just to learn that tiny piece I just gave you. The soreness will become regular or normal to you after awhile. You may not be as sore. I stretch for five minutes everyday before I get out of bed. It helps kick some of the stiffness.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    Take pride in working hard to get better! Most quit so if you do nothing else but show up you'll be better than most people who try.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    I've been training for 4 months now. I love it more than anything I've ever done. But damn I suck. I am consistently crushed by everyone. I'm constantly exhausted. I'm always sore. The idea that I will some day be good at this seems like a cruel joke.

Damn... I suck at Jiu Jitsu.
    This is why most people with a big ego quit Jiu Jitsu. Stick with it it does get better. I have been in the game a long time and I have recently returned from a knee injury that had me out for 9 months and my Jiu Jitsu cardio is shit so I know how you feel. I know what to do but my 47 year old body wont comply. From experience I know if I just keep showing up it will get better

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schuettenberg View Post
    my Jiu Jitsu cardio is shit so I know how you feel. I know what to do but my 47 year old body wont comply. From experience I know if I just keep showing up it will get better
    the over 40 struggle is real!

Array

School
    It's all worth it when you tap a guy young enough to be your kid lol

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Yeah I got both going for me, over 40 & little guy. Awesome! Well nothing worth doing is easy, right?
    Keep pushing on. I'm 47 and about 150-155lbs. In a year you will be amazed at the difference

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    If it was easy, it would not be fun.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Keep pressing forward and eventually the switch is going to click. When I first started I was getting beat by everyone and the more I rolled the more I learned what not to do. Just work on surviving and the kills will come.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast