Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Adam Ryan MMA/Chekmat Vancouver
    great read from everyone who posted . i am heading back for the 1st time in a few months , for the 100th time . just gotta keep in mind , i suck , and i will suck for a long time , and the more i go , everytime , i will suck a little bit less than the time before.

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon mccaghren View Post
    i like these fat people you're training with. They sound like my kind of dudes.
    lol
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Thinking about this more, it is bad programming to say that 'you suck' at something even if you are just joking. In my opinion it is the kind of self talk that can lower your confidence and self esteem. Focus on what you are good at, see yourself doing it well and visualize that feeling. Those times when you feel you are getting crushed, go and research escapes and solutions to those positions then see yourself doing those things in those uncomfortable positions. If you see yourself failing you probably will, it is the same in any sport. You have too be able to visualize yourself succeeding before you will.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    took me 6 months to get my fist sub, you're not a lone, its hard to imrove when u r a lighter guy but at least your defense gets really good.
    If u keep getting subed by the same thing, look up a basic defense, dont do moves too complicated, i made that mistake so stick to the basics, buy a BJJ book for beginners. it'll save u a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I've been training for 4 months now. I love it more than anything I've ever done. But damn I suck. I am consistently crushed by everyone. I'm constantly exhausted. I'm always sore. The idea that I will some day be good at this seems like a cruel joke.

Damn... I suck at Jiu Jitsu.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    lol, that's kindda true

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Tiganis View Post
    great read from everyone who posted . i am heading back for the 1st time in a few months , for the 100th time . just gotta keep in mind , i suck , and i will suck for a long time , and the more i go , everytime , i will suck a little bit less than the time before.

Array

School
    10p Ronin/Midtown MMA Houston
    You may or may not be joking, but I'll tell you what I tell everyone who first starts training, falls in love, and gets frustrated.
    You definitely don't suck at Jiu Jitsu, you are exactly as good as you should be at 4 months in.
    Based on the excellent attitude/drive/perseverance you are putting out on the forums, you are probably better than most.
    Jiu Jitsu is a process, and a long one at that.
    Keep grinding! And if you haven't yet, go compete. It is an amazing learning experience, and you will probably feel super strong
    fighting in your own weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
    I used to suck at jiu jitsu.

I still do, but I used to, too.
    "Dogs are forever in the pushup position"

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I still suck at jiu jitsu too... Don't feel bad.

Array

School
    10th Planet Buena park/CM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
    I used to suck at jiu jitsu.

I still do, but I used to, too.
    so good!
    mitch H.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Don't feel bad Craig. I get smashed all the time. Girls, guys, hell even athletic white belts. I enjoy the learning of it all. There will always be someone better than you right? Don't let that make you feel bad. You can learn from them. We're in a special position as white belts in that we can learn a TON of game from so many of the people more skilled than us. Enjoy the process =D. I know I do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast