Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ

I suck at Jiu Jitsu

I've been training for 4 months now. I love it more than anything I've ever done. But damn I suck. I am consistently crushed by everyone. I'm constantly exhausted. I'm always sore. The idea that I will some day be good at this seems like a cruel joke.

Damn... I suck at Jiu Jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Keep grinding we've all been there
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Watkins TKD and BJJ Arlington TX
    It's all perspective. Find a friend that doesn't know JJ, roll with him for 5 minutes, you'll see just how much you've changed. My buddies from high school we always played "tap out" usually ended in a guillotine. We had no idea what we were doing lol. Well we still did it whenever we get together for weddings or class reunions, family events etc... I am no longer challenged since I started JJ. I get consistently smashed at my gym, but I'm getting better. It's hard to tell when you're always going against people better than you. Gotta set small goals. When I roll against an instructor my goal is just to keep them in guard as long as possible. When I first started it lasted all of 10 seconds, now I can last 5 minutes and even pass occasionally. Big confidence booster. Perspective brother, keep training and getting smashed!

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet
    It wont get easier, you are who will get better

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I remember my good friend Cade Nelson (also currently a 10th Planet Black Belt) told me he trained for two years before he tapped someone out for the first time. My experience was not quite as bad.... but close, and it was close to that amount before I was tapping people other than first day folks. The struggle is real for the small folks

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Keep at it. You'll grow during this time period more than any other. Find the consistent situations that keep causing you trouble and strictly work at those. My gym doesn't separate by weight, so i'd always be getting stacked or smashed. I noticed I'd always end up in the same spots so I focused my entire game to those spots. Made a huge difference.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    I used to suck at jiu jitsu.

I still do, but I used to, too.

Array

School
    no school in the area
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I've been training for 4 months now. I love it more than anything I've ever done. But damn I suck. I am consistently crushed by everyone. I'm constantly exhausted. I'm always sore. The idea that I will some day be good at this seems like a cruel joke.

Damn... I suck at Jiu Jitsu.
    i'm doing jiu jitsu now for almost 5 years and i stil suck at it , but i don't mind ( sometimes) positive side of it is you've done it for 4 months so there must be something that excist you about it ? keep doing what your doing have fun and enjoy it .

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I'm SERIOUSLY sick of having fat dudes sitting on me. Struggling to breathe sucks. I've been VERY close to tapping just from pressure on several occasions... especially when exhausted.

There is no choice other than to keep going back, despite knowing those fat asses are going to put all their weight on my diaphragm and just wait for me to become exhausted so they can tap me. Fuckers.

They seem to know this game, so they sit on me and let me struggle to get out, repeatedly. They don't even try to submit, they just keep their fat asses on top of me as long as they can. When I escape they roll back on top of me. Once I'm completely gassed they can slowly and methodically submit me any way they like... usually by collar choking me.

Often by that point I'm so damn tired I'm thinking "just fucking tap me out already, I need to rest, and maybe vomit".

Ugh...
    I like these fat people you're training with. They sound like my kind of dudes.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Mojoplata

When dudes who out weigh me are on top I just play a minimalist defense game and wait for a transition to scramble out of. I'm sure there are more technical ways to get out, but it seems like people who have a weight advantage are just waiting til I'm tired to transition safely, so I save my energy for when they move.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast