Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    In my view, 10th planet advocates tolerance, respect, and open-mindedness toward all viewpoints and opinions from people of all backgrounds. While Eddie's viewpoints may differ from yours, I'm grateful to have the opportunity to have a voice on a forum where he would defend your right to disagree with him. I personally align with this spirit. I may agree with some things he says, I may not. I take what I find useful, discard what I don't. Eddie's view on conspiracys obviously has little to do with his jiu jitsu but even still, I respect his right to have a different view on many different topics. The reason why I want to align myself with him in the long run is, in many ways, a reflection of the type of human being I want to become; not because him and I can agree on the temperature that it takes to melt a beam of steel.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 06-04-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    Don't believe everything you think.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    That's the difference between 10th Planet and everyone else. We respect each other and have different views. It's all about technique. If it works, we use it. It doesn't matter if it was some move invented by a giraffe at the Cheyanne Mountain Zoo, in Colorado Springs. If you're worried about personal beliefs... never mind. Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    10th planet is made up of 100's of guys who don't agree with each other on 100's of things. Christians, atheists, agnostics. I'm sure some are Muslim. I'm sure some are Buddhist.

I actually started training jiu jitsu because of Eddies podcast (was already kickboxing tho), and I started listening to the podcast because I liked his passion on tower 7 being a controlled demolition. Like he says, there is enough evidence for it to hold up in a courtroom lol. Just play the video and cased closed. But there appears to be some disconnect that people are just not willing to accept it.

So if Eddies take on "conspiracy theories" are attracting fans and drawing them into jiu jitsu and getting them to subscribe to MTS that is a win for everybody. It's all positive.

And naturally I agreed with Eddie on Gi training being counterproductive to MMA. It's the "conspiracy theory" of the jiu jitsu world. So of course 10th planet and no-gi sub only is the most honorable cause to fight for in the jiu jitsu world IMO.

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Walker View Post
    Haha, awesome.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    10p is a conspiracy theory.

Some of my own students back in 2003 thought I was crazy because I was so vocal about weed being sacred plant. Now what?

I will never trust what the government which is a giant puppet for corporations on anything they say. You can, but I never trust criminals
    Last edited by Eddie Bravo; 06-05-2015 at 01:46 AM.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Sorry for the following length of the comment

To be fair, it sounds like we have one guy here saying that he thinks he should respect eddie for all that eddie has done in jiu jitsu (which is a lot) but he feels uncomfortable with some of the things that eddie talks about outside of jiu jitsu. Now conspiracy theories have the connotations attached to them, that they are intrinsically not true, which is a generalised and stupid idea. There have been conspiracies which have been proven and accepted as true, (watergate). If we changed conspiracy theories into a different word like eddie doesnt believe in God or unicorns or something, I therefore feel put off from his jiu jitsu, then there wouldnt be a discussion, because we all know that these two things arent correlated.

But if you look into why people dont believe conspiracy theories and why eddie does, then you might start to think that eddie is in the right and you are in the wrong. For instance, how can you say if a conspiracy theory is true or false if you only take it at face value? Theres a high chance you will miss something. This is generally the case with the big conspiracy theories, i.e. tower 7. people hear someone say hey the guys you follow and the ones you voted into power, yeah those guys that get rich of making you work long hard hours and fuck you around, those guys get even richer by manipulating events from both sides. and without hearing more info, they say they dont believe it. which is fine. belief is necessary for truth. But see, people like Eddie, we listen to the arguments and piece things together. I personally don't believe all of the conspiracy theories that eddie does, though maybe if we sat down and chatted for a few hours over each topic, I could be convinced.

conspiracy theories are based on evidence to varying degrees, people should act like scientists and look at all the given info and then if it looks likely then they can completely change their opinions and dis/agree. Simply saying that you dont like something or someone because they believe in conspiracy theories is stupid, bigoted and ignorant.

Array

School
    also, everyone in the entire world should listen to Tim Minchen.

Array

School
    and this one here.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast