Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Altoona

Honey Hole Attacks off the defense

Sorry for the video quality it's not the best. I have been working the honey hole a lot lately and have had some success hitting these moves when they try to defend. I don't know if these are out there I have not seen anything so I figured I would share. I didn't go too in depth with the video I just wanted to go over some quick options I have been working. Let me know what you guys think!

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    looks good to me, but just getting into the legs myself these days.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I like how you're thinking outside the box. Are you hiring these in live rolls? I'm picturing some other attacks now that you opened this to me.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Altoona
    Yeah I have been hitting it live. I try and bait them to hand fight with me once you get that arm drag you have so much control and they don't have much leverage to try and get the arm back and you can pretty much chill until they give you that neck. That is pretty much the order I run the series and you have so much leverage with the chokes and if they aren't working that neck crank is more of a spinal crank and it's pretty vicious. I got to the arm drag position first and the kimura came when I was working on ways to bait them to hand fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    To be honest, These moves aren't specifically for honey hole, as far as upper body attacks from lower control. I was doubtful when I started watching, but I really like this. Any time I want to go from lower body attacks, all I would have to do is throw their leg over, so I am more on their side, and grab an arm. I like this a lot. Cheers dude.

So you show guillotines and kimuras, I'm not sure, but I assume that there would be m'arces, maybe even neck ties from there. I don't know if you would necessarily need to go for them.

I especially like the idea of attacking the upper body from lower body control and using it to get back in to upper body control. Like, imagine you get the guillotine but you can't finish it, so you keep it in and help it with an transition into mount or something.

I really like this

Array

School
    ABMMA Belchers
    It's very interesting. I will say that much. I am a little curious to see how it feels to try. I am going to try to throw this in tonight. more specifically that kimura.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    To be honest, These moves aren't specifically for honey hole, as far as upper body attacks from lower control. I was doubtful when I started watching, but I really like this. Any time I want to go from lower body attacks, all I would have to do is throw their leg over, so I am more on their side, and grab an arm. I like this a lot. Cheers dude.

So you show guillotines and kimuras, I'm not sure, but I assume that there would be m'arces, maybe even neck ties from there. I don't know if you would necessarily need to go for them.

I especially like the idea of attacking the upper body from lower body control and using it to get back in to upper body control. Like, imagine you get the guillotine but you can't finish it, so you keep it in and help it with an transition into mount or something.

I really like this
    How is it not attacks from honey hole if you're in the honey hole and you attack the upper body? I don't think it's because you're attacking the feet that it's considered the honey hole
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Denny has successfully done things like this to me from this position and 50/50. Legit thinking there!

I also get the near side arm drag a lot, as they try to free the entanglement. Pretty easy to hit the back.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    How is it not attacks from honey hole if you're in the honey hole and you attack the upper body? I don't think it's because you're attacking the feet that it's considered the honey hole
    Sorry I was really tired when writing that, I sounded a lot douchier than I meant to What I meant is, the concept remains the same as long as you are going for an inside leg lock, it doesn't necessarily have to be honey hole. What Damion showed is definitely honey hole, I'm not debating that, I'm just looking at the variety of places where this is possible. For instance, you're in ashi garami but for some reason, you can't finish, so you throw the leg over to the other side of your body and that gives you access to the upper body attacks with lower body control.

I played around with this tonight and got the kimura. It felt super easy. I also played with the D'arce/m'arce and it felt super tight. you get the 2n1 and thread the arm under their arm and neck and close it up. My training partner was saying, I think, Ryan hall has similar game from his 50/50 instructional. which is another place to attack like this from.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    No worries thanks for clarifying
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast