One Armed Training

I'm curious if anyone here has had an injury where the couldn't use an arm (ie in a cast or sling) and what they did or focused on. I've had some serious issues with my shoulder and don't want to stop training but I'm really not sure how to do this in a way that is both safe and effective. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    We had a guy that was supposed to be out 6-8 months or more with a torn rotator cuff, but trained and even got promoted training with one arm for a long spell. He greatly benefitted from it and credits this video.

https://youtu.be/SHtDyFbmX6E

Array

School
    Tenth Planet Decatur
    Haha I tore my ucl and have been doing exclusively one arm training. I am still drilling everyday and do light sparring once or twice a week with my arm hidden in my gi pants. I have not used my right arm in 7 weeks and feel like I'm getting a lot better. I am focusing on footlocks, opposite side passing, and wrestling. Not training is not an option for me and the truth is you get so much better by drilling. Atleast I do.

Arman & Matt,

Thanks for your responses. I was thinking that I would have to sit out or just drill for a while but I'm actually excited about trying this out and seeing how it will change my game for the better. I really appreciate your input!