Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach

Anybody playing that Nino Schembri headlock position?

image.jpg been playing this for a good year would love to hear what others who play it do with it.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Love it. I like to reverse guys from there. It's a fun position. Just watch out for the back take.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    I never get my back taken from here but they do keep their base low and pop their head out the back. I've been going for a granby when they do but most times I just re-establish the position. I'm not at a high percentage with the kimura attack and the sweep tends to end up in a scramble. Mostly I just roll them over or sit up.

Array

School
    10th Planet SF/Melbourne
    I get a fair bit of mileage out of this; it's kind of my go-to actually. If someone is going to pass my guard I'll sort of let them so that they are a bit slack when they come through and don't keep the arm in too tight that I'm aiming to trap. I push the trapped arm away and try to bring my top leg over to grab it and do a sort of Americana thing. Is that the same as the Kimura you speak of? You have to escape your hips a bit to sit up and get it and it is fairly low percentage. I'll usually go for a bicep crush instead. The sweep never works on someone bigger that me who is also a decent grappler and I would agree that it can be easy to get your back taken; but then again, my Judo side control isn't that great. The key to the sweep is flipping your hips and letting everything else follow. Even though this is all kind of low-percentage I find it all useful to create space (they usually try to back out) and do something else.

Mojoplata

Quote Originally Posted by kevinculp View Post
    image.jpg been playing this for a good year would love to hear what others who play it do with it.
    I was watching that video on my Vizio the other day lol. I tried it a few times, hasn't worked for me yet, but I've also neve drilled it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I'm gonna have to get you to show me this at the training camp. I love the idea, but have had no luck with it.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Interesting. Is there video I can watch on it?
    #10thplanetFREAKS