Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)

Perfecting the dead orchard

OK I need some help with my dead orchard please. Last night I was rolling with someone around the same weight which was nice, and I was able to land the dead orchard twice. Here's the catch though when I got into this position my opponents arms were not crossed so when I grabbed one to armbar he was able to pull out. I don't recall whether or not I was squeezing my knees together or leg curling down hard enough to keep him their, so any critique will be helpful. Thank you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    There's no way he should have been able to pull out. Pinch your knees, leg curl..push your hips up. Basic arm bar finishing technique. I treat mine like a pit stop. Make sure the one shoulder is completely popped out and that's the one I prefer to armbar. Its great. You're crushing their whole upper body and taking their arm at the same time.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast
    Any good video instructionals on the dead orchard?

Array

School
    Watkins TKD and BJJ Arlington TX
    From the man himself http://youtu.be/XoiB1D2WJwE

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    If that triangle is locked in the dead orchard shouldn't be able to pull out, giggity.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    I'm focusing on dead orchard a lot now, its such a huge development... How was it Josh Hinger got out? It looked like he was about to break his arm to get out but he made it out several times and didnt appear injured so ther must be a way

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)
    Thanks for the advice and video, I'll be working on the technique this week. Yea I'm not sure as to how my opponent escaped so I'm almost positive it was my fault for not doing one of the two things as to leg curls or squeeze. Chris you make a good point too, cause man Nathan had him bad I believe twice and he still managed to escape. My opponent though is brand new, and this was my second attempt at it, so I assume I made the mistake. Thanks again.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    If you put on the Gi, dead orchards will come way easier ;p

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    I'm focusing on dead orchard a lot now, its such a huge development... How was it Josh Hinger got out? It looked like he was about to break his arm to get out but he made it out several times and didnt appear injured so ther must be a way
    You are actually thinking of my first match in EBI 3 against Matt Secor. In all my time working the "dead orchard" there have only been two people that have ever gotten out. Matt Secor and Denny Prokopos. Denny got out because he has an incredibly deep knowledge of rubber guard and amazing body awareness. Secor got out cause he is a monstrous freak of nature that cut down from 205. His arms and wrist were so thick I just couldn't get it done. No move works absolutely %100 of the time. But I might say the dead orchard works %99 of the time. 😊
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Portland Moon Head/Instructor
    My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/monzon421
    Use the discount code DEADORCHARD at Phalanxfc.com to get %15 off any purchase.

Mojoplata

Chris Heatherly got out of a dead orchard... still didn't work out for him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast