Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kettlebell Routine

Anyone have a good KB routine which you believe is improving your game?

I currently have one 20lb KB and one 35lb KB. I know there are decent routines on-line, but it seems like the order of the progression of movements and number of reps is nebulous and not really tailored to a specific strategy. I currently have a 20 minute routine where I do 20 moves for a duration of one minute per move (10 unique moves, one minute for the right and one min for the left)

Denny, since you have testified that KBs have really helped your overall strength and recover from injury I would love to hear what you have to say on the topic.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

-Paul Price
    10P HQ

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Also interested in this.....

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Denny's gotta kettle bell houtine, I'll ask him to explain it here
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin
    Look forward to hearing Denny's

One that I've been using for upperbody conditioning is:

10 circuits of:
    6 Renegade Rows (each arm),
    6 Double Swings,
    6 Overhead Press (each arm),
    6 Guard Press (each arm)
    12 Press Ups on Bells.

54 Reps, 10 times, 30-60 seconds rest between each set (total of 540 reps in 20-30 minutes).

It really is going to depend on what your specific goals are in regards to the kettle bells. People often overcomplicate strength/conditioning routines because they think that more advanced and varied routines yield more results.

If you are looking for pure strength work, the 20 minute circuit you described most likely won't help very much. Sure it will help conditioning to a point but it likely won't yield the best results for strength.

As an example I do 10 sets of 5 reps with the double kb clean and press, then 10 sets of 5 of the double kb front squat. Next week I will do 10 sets of 6. The following week would be 10 sets of 7, then 10x8,etc. This is an easy way to use progressive overload with kettle bells since you only have the 2 of them. Eventually you will have to get heavier bells to continue to make strength gains.

If you are looking for more rounded programs, Steve Maxwell has a phenomenal book on Kindle "Kettlebell Conditioning System" that will give you even more tools and is only $10 or so.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I've been using this routine quite successfully going from 35lbs to 53lbs for all the exercises in no time and I weigh 135lbs. I'm doing my last cycle at 53lbs to move up to 62lbs kb.

Workouts only take 15-20 minutes a day

http://www.sesdweb.net/cms/lib06/PA0...ettlebells.pdf
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by TomLawlor View Post
    It really is going to depend on what your specific goals are in regards to the kettle bells. People often overcomplicate strength/conditioning routines because they think that more advanced and varied routines yield more results.

If you are looking for pure strength work, the 20 minute circuit you described most likely won't help very much. Sure it will help conditioning to a point but it likely won't yield the best results for strength.

As an example I do 10 sets of 5 reps with the double kb clean and press, then 10 sets of 5 of the double kb front squat. Next week I will do 10 sets of 6. The following week would be 10 sets of 7, then 10x8,etc. This is an easy way to use progressive overload with kettle bells since you only have the 2 of them. Eventually you will have to get heavier bells to continue to make strength gains.

If you are looking for more rounded programs, Steve Maxwell has a phenomenal book on Kindle "Kettlebell Conditioning System" that will give you even more tools and is only $10 or so.
    Thanks tom for the info!
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Denny's gotta kettle bell houtine, I'll ask him to explain it here
    Please do!
    Id specifically like to know if its the one he said helped his neck as Im dealing with some minor issues

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    With a kettlebell in each hand I like doing alternating cleans, alternating snatches, double swings, double Turkish get ups, front squats, windmills, and renagade rows.. I like mixing those up with movement/balance exercises as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast