Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC

For the Weed Smokers: what age to start?

Serious question. For those of you who advocate smoking weed regularly. At what age would you suggest your son/daughter, brother, newphew, neice or whomever, start smoking?

Would it be like the drinking age, which is 21 in NYC? Younger? Maybe 18? or perhaps younger still?

What age is too young? What age is OK? I'm curious...

Array

School
    10th Planet Liberia
    I say wait until you have a good paying job, you don't wanna start unless you can afford dank ass shit, smoking dirt weed is whack. And there is nothing worse than a vulture stoner

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Once you're 18 you're old enough to make your own decision. I'd say 18 is probably the earliest I'd want my child to start.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    id say 16 and only like with me

Array

School
    Rōnin
    when cartoons stop being funny.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    You want to have some intelligence banked up so that when you do smoke you actually have something worthwhile to ponder. Then you have some appreciation for what it can do.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    yeah id say once you feel your mature enough to look at it as more than a party drug. I think the legal age should be 18, but if i had a 16 year old son and i caught him doing it in his room. Id be cool with it. Id probably smoke with him and have some of the "life" conversations id want to talk to him about.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    yeah id say once you feel your mature enough to look at it as more than a party drug. I think the legal age should be 18, but if i had a 16 year old son and i caught him doing it in his room. Id be cool with it. Id probably smoke with him and have some of the "life" conversations id want to talk to him about.
    yep.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    I would treat it similar to alcohol. I would not stigmatize it, but it would be off limits to a child. Growing up, I'd tell my kids they can make that decision at 21, just like booze. Realistically, after 18/college I'd say go ahead, and if they did on their own after 16, I wouldn't care. Part of me wants to sit my kid down at 16 with a beer, a shot of whiskey, a cig, and joint, and say "You may have tried some of these, or you may not ever want to, but if you are curious and have not yet, I'd rather you do it for the first time with me than some idiot at a frat."

Some random things to consider:
    -The human brain stops serious development at around 25, no puberty, not 18, and not 21.
    -The human body develops until 20-22, roughly. This changes for male v. female, but is a general area.
    -Your child will be exposed to that shit and more in college, whether you like it or not.
    -Your child will generally be exposed to this in high school, if not earlier, at least in passing. This may sound extreme, but check out studies that ask middle school kids which ones have used, which have seen, smelt, stood near a friend using, etc. The numbers are shockingly high.
    -IMPORTANT: i used to work in a top cannabis club in northern CA. A legit doctor and friend explained short-term memory issues to me. Cannabinoids block receptors used in some short-term memory processes. This is why you can't remember shit when you are high. However, these go away over time. The issue is that, with regular usage, these build up and essentially clog the receptors. Even for serious users, taking 7-10 days off every 3 months (though it sucks) will clear almost 100% of that build-up, preventing most or all permanent short-term memory issues. This is even more true for children and teens, so if your child is going to smoke in college, make sure they know to at least take breaks.
    -Cannabis is a grey- to black-area drug, depending on the level (federal, state, etc.). The laws are ridiculously complicated. if you are going to smoke, you need to understand them all, and not through word-of-mouth or your friend who generally knows his shit. Even non-cannabis lawyers are often completely off the mark, I've seen it a ton of times. Go to seminars, look it up at legit online sources, or message me. What seems legal is often illegal, and vice-versa, and sometimes little things you do can be the difference between getting a traffic ticket or headache, and spending time in a cell. Know your rights if you are going to smoke pot in this country - trust me, it's a lesson a lot of people learn the hard way.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    id love to hear eddie bravos oppinion (:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast