Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

Knee Reap Counter Heel Hook (By Imanari)

I've posted this before. It was in another thread. Many moons ago. Granted, I'm still unranked. I don't expect guys to take my posts too serious. I understand.

But seriously, I feel like this little sneaky, pain in the ass, "surprise mf''er" move is worth you guys adding to your game. Especially if you're playing the leg lock game. You can heel hook your opponent with your taint (if you don't know what a taint is, click the link).

Seriously. A guy decides, "oh, hey, I'm going to reap so that I can get a leg lock. Life is good. I'm safe." Wrong. Wrong. You hit him with the taint heel hook as displayed by Masakazu Imanari. It's not my move so you don't have to follow my lead as far as naming it, but I'm calling it the taint hook. Listen, I know it's not a move that's worth relying on. I'm not saying go ahead and let everyone reap your leg. I'm saying, if it happens, you have a tool. Taint hook bro. Put the boot on. Use your normal defenses. Then taint hook. Keep an open mind. Have a great night. Or evening. Whatever your timezone is.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    lol David, this is hilarious and it looks like it legit caught his opponent off guard. Imanari = Deadliest Taint on the Planet?

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne & Perth Hotbox
    Imanari is a beast!

Array

School
    10th Planet London/Smauglys Vilnius
    Sean from 10p London murders people with it. I reaped his knee once and was limping for a few days.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Its a rather common "inverted heel hook" counter. I teach it a a basic part of our reaping defense and counter series.

....and no I'm not calling it the taint hook. If done correctly it shouldn't be there anyway.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Its a rather common "inverted heel hook" counter. I teach it a a basic part of our reaping defense and counter series.

....and no I'm not calling it the taint hook. If done correctly it shouldn't be there anyway.
    This, and I find its preventable with proper entry and positioning. I see this as the same as ankle locking the guy while he's on your back. Its great off of subtle mistakes and you might even be able to force it, but it far from destroys the original position. I would say this has been tried on me 1000 times so far with zero of them catching me so far.

But for sure, if reaping is in your game, you need to know about this I'd say.

I use this, its a legit submission, I hold the heel slightly different and use my forearms to help control the leg I'm attacking, its a legit submission, but does mean you messed up beforehand if you find yourself resorting to this. Any time you use a counter that depends on your speed of application compared to your opponents is a bad thing, bit it does happen and is worth drilling so you know its there if needed. I also have a nice technique similar to this for similar situations.

Here is one of the other techniques I use in similar situations.
    Hope its ok to post? A detail here that I see missed a lot is when you put the opponent on there back make sure you use your top hand on there bottom knee, a lot of people pull on the top knee and all this can do is open the legs when we want to pit them on there back and limit there bodies possible extension.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p4apLYzcpLE
    Last edited by M Colley; 06-21-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by M Colley View Post
    Here is one of the other techniques I use in similar situations.
    Hope its ok to post? A detail here that I see missed a lot is when you put the opponent on there back make sure you use your top hand on there bottom knee, a lot of people pull on the top knee and all this can do is open the legs when we want to pit them on there back and limit there bodies possible extension.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p4apLYzcpLE

That is not the same technique, totally different submission. The first one, the inverted heelhook, is legit. The second one is not a inverted heel hook, but rather a standard one, and it's not even on the same leg as the video above, its on the inside leg, which is far harder to catch someone with.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 06-21-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Yes I realise it not the same technique, its another option I use when somebody is setting an Achilles or the heel hook, and I realise its attacking the other leg, I simply mean its another option to counter a leg lock with a leg lock as a means of escape/ not submitting yourself. I thought it might be useful as I see this directly linked with the original video clip. To me the differences of the set up are very slight, this is just slightly before the opponent gets set, starts to move his/ her left leg over the hip and then possibly move to establish a heel hook from the original achillies hold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast