Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again

I put a guy in crackhead control, I ended up looking like the crackhead

was in mma on sunday, we were working some ground and pound and i was on the bottom to work my defense. i got the mission control and he started bitchslapping me with his free arm, so i instinctively threw up my other leg to get crackhead control for the first time. it felt good, and the guy couldnt touch me. next thing i know he picks me up and slams me and im on the floor dazed and looking like a fool. any suggestions for next time?

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Get good at grabbing the leg and hooking it when he stands to slam.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Hooking the leg is key when they stand up.

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet
    hook.. but all else fails abort get the hell outta there b4 get slammed. )

Array

School
    10th Planet
    when i feel a slam coming and im too late on hooking the leg, on the way down ill let go and put my forearm behind my head and brace for impact.

Array

School
    Mario Roberto Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    Well before he slams you he needs to stand up, and if he stands up that means he got posture and stacked you. You can't hold onto crackhead control when you're getting stacked. He could have passed your guard if he knew how. The next time he's trying to stand up, get out of crackhead and go to mission control or butterfly guard.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, MO
    Double Bagger, Works great for me to prevent them from posturing up and if they do- hook the leg like everyone else suggested.

Get to invisible collar!! That's where he can't pick you up cause his torso is off center..

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    he didnt rampage slam me, he just lifted me to about waist height. when you say hook the leg, what do you mean???

yeah i would have gone to invisible collar but for some reason i always forget to clear the neck, i was a little occupied with him constantly hitting me in the face though, and my teacher who id just met that day was watching me in silence. theres something strange about meeting a ufc fighter and the first thing he ever says is get on the floor haha. i seem to be the only person who attempts any 10p stuff though so i dont need to worry too much about people knowing escapes etc
    i think the problem might have been that i went to the advanced class by accident too

When someone is able to pick me up while using rubber guard, I let go and attack the legs. Not necessarily a knee bar, but transition to the x-guard and get the sweep there.

But since it was the advanced class that might not have worked for you either. Just keep practicing and keep the other info in mind (double bagger, hugging the leg...). Have fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast