Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Farmington MO/ Ronin

Spoiler...........Mcgregor vs Mendes...............

.................................................. .

Mcgregor wins at the end of the second round. Mendes was able to take Mcgregor down pretty effectively and was also able to dish out some nasty elbows inside Mcgregor's guard. Mcgregor was winning anytime they spent standing and prolly hurt mendes pretty good in the first round. Though Mendes was on top inside Mcgregors guard most the second round he ended up passing the guard and setting up a guillotine turns to his back but Mcgregor jumps out the window. There is about 30 seconds left in the fight and Mcgregor drops Mendes in like the last 10 seconds. he jumps on him and lands a couple more. Mendes is covering and they stop the fight with seconds left.

now i admit that was a damn nice combo by Mcgregor at the end, i feel this was the earliest i've seen a championship fight ent. Mendes was not even given a chance, so in my opinion they should have given him a chance considering he was winning the fight, and was covering with prolly only 2 seconds left, and could have a had a whole round to recover. this kinda seems like the politics of fighting i guess. who knows. overall a great fight.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    For what it's worth I wasn't sure either if the fight ended too soon, then after watching the replay Chad def took it hard on the chin. The follow up strikes were there, it looked like Chad was covering up (the closest I can remember is Cyborg and Carano when Cyborg on with one second left).

Hats off to both...did anyone sit there wishing Connor knew Rubber Guard or Flower/butterfly hook sweeps? Or did CHad do a solid job not giving any openings for sweeps?

Do any wrestlers here think Chad may have gone too hard and gassed himself as well? He looked like he was employing GSP's strategy vs Diaz and Hardy, and then somewhere along the way got into the scramble and Connor was back up

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    A lot of anger on the internet because of that stoppage and Conors ground game. How many punches should Chad have taken to be good? Chad wasn't even reaching for a leg to shake the cob webs off. He just turtled and with 3 seconds left in the round could have eaten 5 or 6 more punches for no reason
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    People were saying Rousey/Mcmann was a little quick of a stoppage. Kind of the same finishing position too
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Seems like Mendez "gave up" on the round because he thought it was ending/over.

Herb Dean saw him as giving up on the whole fight.

Mojoplata

Anyone see Luis Smolka go to the truck, sweep to stoner control, then pass to side control? Such a dope card, the main card was probably the best I've ever seen.

Array

School
    One Combat Academy
    Definitely my favorite card ever. Huge fan of Conor but his hips underneath Chad were pretty poor. He needs us! Conor get to HQ!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Sidenote: I thought Dana White did the right thing giving Lawler/MacDonald the bonus. Those guys took a beating. I don't know if 50K was enough for the damage they took.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Connor seemed to smash chad on the feet, The people who say that chad gassed, must have forgotten the body shots that connor landed. Could connor's game on the ground be better? yeah maybe, but he also fought arguably the best wrestler in the division. I thought that was a smashing victory for connor.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    That was a very good stoppage. No need for more damage when a fighter has decided they are done. When a fighter falls back, sinks down and turtles on their own like that, it's basically a striking tapout. We've seen plenty of fights stopped like that. If Mendes wasn't effectively 'tapping out', he would have said so after the stop.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast