Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    KMA Philippines

Electric Chair Sweep To?

Last weekend I competed at the South East Asian ADCC Open in the Philippines. I got my opponent into a peculiar position (since it's the first time i've been there). When I attempted to go for an electric chair sweep, I ended up in a "base bat control-like" position at the end of the video. Any thought's what should I have done in that position to finish it, or what's the name of the position I placed my opponent into?

Thanks!

Looks like you were in the twister position. When you went for the electric sweep your opponent turned

You should of put his right arm behind your head then gripped his head pulling towards you. Finishing with the twister. Im only a while belt though so could be wrong.

Array

School
    KMA Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by robster View Post
    You should of put his right arm behind your head then gripped his head pulling towards you. Finishing with the twister. Im only a while belt though so could be wrong.
    That's what everyone thinks also. Though I believe to be in base ball bat control, I have to be locking down the opposite leg of the arm i'm getting, while on his back. In this case, he's in some kind of twisted position where i'm locking down on the leg, and controlling the same side arm. So I don't think i'm in the baseball bat control?

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    I think you came up with something pretty cool on accident (or on purpose?) here.

Had to play this in slow mo a few times. You actually went electric chair to stoner control, then in stoner control you pulled the leg back onto yourself and kept lockdown. This put you in basically a reverse truck position. I don't think I've ever seen anyone play around with a reverse truck like this, and that stoner control entry looks like it could actually be a pretty reliable entry into it. Looks like the reverse truck would actually have pretty good control.

That's just what it looks like though, going to have to play around with it.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    groovy

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    I think you came up with something pretty cool on accident (or on purpose?) here.

Had to play this in slow mo a few times. You actually went electric chair to stoner control, then in stoner control you pulled the leg back onto yourself and kept lockdown. This put you in basically a reverse truck position. I don't think I've ever seen anyone play around with a reverse truck like this, and that stoner control entry looks like it could actually be a pretty reliable entry into it. Looks like the reverse truck would actually have pretty good control.

I'm missing the stoner control here, it seems like he never clears the leg over to that side, the other guys turn to relieve that electric chair pressure set himself up for the baseball bat with that reverse truck position. I wonder what game could be found from there.

Array

School
    KMA Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post

I wish I did it on purpose! hahaha. But it was on accident. I was originally going for stoner control after attempting the electric chair sweep, but instead on pummeling with my non-clinching arm to get to stoner control, I posted too high with it giving my opponent enough space to push his leg through and relieve the pressure from the electric chair, i think? Thus ending in the "peculiar" spot I was in the video.

I held on that position for a couple of seconds. My mind is somehow thinking I was in baseball bat control, but something is not right. Not being able to break his grip, my muscle memory told me to let go and go for the truck. The moment I let let go of the arm, I lost the whole position. :\

Though it would be great if any of you could shed some light where I was? because as long as I don't let go of the "baseball bat-ish control" he couldn't go anywhere. Or this position I was in haven't been mapped yet?

Here's the video of the whole fight, if anyone wants to study it. Pardon my techniques, I know they aren't that sharp yet. Still trying to master the system I got into that position around 3:30.

Array

School
    KMA Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Kavanagh View Post
    I'm missing the stoner control here, it seems like he never clears the leg over to that side, the other guys turn to relieve that electric chair pressure set himself up for the baseball bat with that reverse truck position. I wonder what game could be found from there.
    Yeahp, I don't think I got to stoner control. While on the transition, I ended up instead to that position. :\

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Kavanagh View Post
    Yea, he didn't actually make it there. Just helped to explain it. He went to go out the back for stoner, then the leg got pushed back through. If there's anything to this position, it looks like it could be forced. Just pull the free leg back on purpose, push it through and then rock back.

For your questions on what was wrong though, you just weren't in truck because of him pushing his leg back. If you want to go to stoner, no need to post on your free arm and raise up his knee. Just keep his knee on the mat and swim your arm through.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast