Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eh, any purple or maybe even blue belt should be able to do that.

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay JC Chow View Post
    I seriously thought this would contain a video of Rener vs All 21 of the Swat and Police offers at the same time. I'm quite disappointed actually
    +1. looked like an old kungfu movie where the guys waited their turn to be devoured by the master. It was clear that only a couple of these guys had a knowlege of what they were doing. the rest were clueless.

That's amazing! I think that although some of the guys knew nothing, some clearly had some idea of how to grapple. There was a few that I would say had some wrestling in their game and some were trying to use fundamental guard passing techniques. Much respect to Rener.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-theman-james View Post
    ...It was clear that only a couple of these guys had a knowledge of what they were doing. The rest were clueless.
    Sometimes its hard to quickly tap someone who is "clueless" however, because they do things you don't expect. I find it's easier to tap a guy who's been training for a couple of months than it is to tap a guy who doesn't train at all. Remember, we are talking about sparring/rolling which has certain rules both parties are following. It's not a real fight.

The most impressive thing about these videos where Rener rolls with seminar participants (there's at least one more video like this on You Tube) is that he uses really basic stuff. It's tradition GJJ with a lot of guard work and many submissions via armbar and triangle. I complained in another thread about the Gracies not updating their system, but when you watch a video like this you see how effective basics can be when applied correctly.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Whoa! That was beautiful
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Sometimes its hard to quickly tap someone who is "clueless" however, because they do things you don't expect. I find it's easier to tap a guy who's been training for a couple of months than it is to tap a guy who doesn't train at all. Remember, we are talking about sparring/rolling which has certain rules both parties are following. It's not a real fight.

The most impressive thing about these videos where Rener rolls with seminar participants (there's at least one more video like this on You Tube) is that he uses really basic stuff. It's tradition GJJ with a lot of guard work and many submissions via armbar and triangle. I complained in another thread about the Gracies not updating their system, but when you watch a video like this you see how effective basics can be when applied correctly.
    Oh I agree with you on that. I know I wouldn't be able to grapple twenty guys nonstop. His ability to do that is impressive enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12