Thread: Recovery advice

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham
    Quote Originally Posted by chris miah View Post
    1) Sleep
    2) Nutrition
    3) Take one or two days off per week

Then things like, supplements, cryotherapy, sauna's etc can all come into play.
    Cheers. Heeding advice, just got back from training and ate some chicken and broccoli. Just need the sleep now.

chris miah

Quote Originally Posted by Amos View Post
    Cheers. Heeding advice, just got back from training and ate some chicken and broccoli. Just need the sleep now.
    No problem, I'm just healing but but I'll be down there soon and able to help out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham
    Quote Originally Posted by chris miah View Post
    No problem, I'm just healing but but I'll be down there soon and able to help out.
    Nice one mate.

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    Injury prevention > Injury recovery, although you'll need solid game plans for both. Proper warm ups, stretching, knowing which girls/guys who can get you to tap without having to crank the sub 100% vs the people who will crank a joint lock from 0-100% right off the bat is important as well to keep yourself from getting injured
    This

I'll reemphasize stretch and warm up well, especially your neck.
    Tap often. When you get caught, tap and say something like "nice one"
    Don't be the spaz. Work your technique, flow, and control. The more explosive you get, the more likely you are to injure yourself or partner.
    Don't hurt your partner, if you feel like you got the sub deep and they are not tapping, just let it go.
    The people at your school or gym are your team-mates. You are all there to help each other improve and grow, not prove who is superior.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham
    Thanks Gene, that's good advice. I'm already seeing that there's a range of different personalities on the mat; everyone has been really cool so far.

Trying to stretch a lot at home, already noticing how that helps.

Cheers

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I'm already seeing that there's a range of different personalities on the mat
    Isn't that interesting? You don't even have to talk much to learn about a person in a 5-10 min roll.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    You don't even have to talk much to learn about a person in a 5-10 min roll.
    I guess it's like anything that strips away pretence, there's nowhere to hide, you are who you are. As I say though, everyone I've trained with has been cool.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I guess it's like anything that strips away pretence, there's nowhere to hide, you are who you are. As I say though, everyone I've trained with has been cool.
    Exactly. I've even just very recently, like last week, witnessed a guy totally change. He came in with a wrestling background and would spaz hard during rolls, not that all wrestlers are spazzez. Something changed. He went from maximum spaz to going super smooth. His jits improved so much after that. It's a pleasure to roll with him now. He's hitting stuff he's never hit before too like triangles/arm bars from guard and mount vs the usual moves wrestlers new to jits go for which seems to be the guillotine from sprawl control americana from side control in my experience.

Array

School
    bayou fitness and combat sports
    Eating well and staying hydrated are the two most important things in my book. i'm on the mats 6 days a week. id say sleep is super important too, but i have a small child and ptsd like crazy so i literally never sleep lol. i guess my advice really is listen to your body. if you're hurting take it easy; find some guys to flow roll with so you can really emphasize technique over any kind of strength. hope that helps.

Array

School
    10th Ventura
    “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”
    ― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"I am truly a ‘lone traveler’ and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties, I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude---feelings which increase with the years." -- Albert Einstein, Ideas and Opinions

"Nature does not know extinction; all it knows is transformation. Everything science has taught me, and continues to teach me, strengthens my belief in the continuity of our spiritual existence after death." -- Wernher von Braun

"The enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan." -- Carl von Clausewitz, On War

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast