Array

School
    None

For Cecil The Lion my jiu jitsu brothers and sisters

I was thinking, in the wake of the tragic news about Cecil the lion, that since I believe it's Phalanx that is a big supporter of 10th planet and they have the lion rash guards that we do something to help promote awareness for anti-poaching. Along with other ways to help support organizations who fight poaching of animals. I propose that we could all do a special roll for Cecil and video tape it. I would love for the BJJ community to get into this and make it something that goes viral with a similarity to the "ice bucket challenge". I really feel like it could be a big thing. I hope we can all get this or something similar going. Title your video, if you choose to do so, "Roll For Cecil" and you can include a positive message to help with big cat and other animal safety and security in their natural habitat also if you'd like. This news hit me really hard and made me really sad. I'm tearing up writing this even. No animals should suffer for some assholes trophy like Cecil was. I'd really enjoy for this to be shared around and catch on. I would be ecstatic if Eddie could help put this in place better. I'm a nobody, but with the popularity of someone like Eddie suggesting this, might help make "Roll For Cecil" big and help many other big cats and animals safe to roam around without being tricked into an agonizing death over the course of almost two days. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take ONE roll out of your day of training to video tape one for support against poaching. I love you all and hope to see this take off for the good of the animals and ourselves. Have a wonderful day all of you sexy mother fuckers!

Array

School
    None
    I mean idk, it might be dumb. I feel this is a good cause. I hope you all can help out in spreading this message.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kinney View Post
    No animals should suffer for some assholes trophy like Cecil was.
    The message should focus on positivity exclusively. Not calling someone an asshole, even if they probably are, is the first step. I know it's a passionate time but I never like seeing people bash other people and ruin their lives when that person of arguably questionable character supposedly didn't break the law. One need only look at the Yelp reviews of this guys business to know what I'm talking about. Rather than condemning, since that's clearly gotten us nowhere in the however many tens of thousands of years man has been around, if we use this example as a platform to improve animal welfare, it could end up being a net positive on society. Lose one lion, save 10,000 more.

Array

School
    None
    You focused on the one or two only negative aspects of this. The rest of it is positive. Doing something positive in our community to help further the awareness. This isn't about the guy, it's about the lion and many others who are poached at an almost every day rate. You didn't get this post at all man. You missed the point more than Michael Bay missed the point when he made Pearl Harbor, and that's an awful lot. This is about taking one roll from everybody and recording it with a certain title. I'm not here for the man. I'm here for the lion. You just simply took the wrong view of this somehow. This completely disregards the guy who did this and focuses on the point of getting a message across to many people in the martial arts world and by extension to everyone they know for a stronger voice against poaching. This is all going to die down in a few weeks once the man is apprehended. I want the message to go on and stay strong for a marginally longer time than that. This catalyst of Cecil dying can, with as many people as possible supporting anti-poaching in a public way, drop poaching kills down with a wide arrange of donations to organizations who dedicate their time to ensuring this doesn't happen. To get more noble people to those posts who wont take a $50,000 bribe to help illegally bait and kill animals like Cecil. Which is what this coward did. A teenage girl got ripped years ago for doing this and it's still going on. We, even more so, the animals need a stronger willed voice and presence to say "No! We will not stand for this and there will be harsh consequences for those who skate under the radar and still do this." Like I said, you completely missed the entire purpose of this post.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Not going to lie before it was trending on Twitter i hadnt heard of Cecil and haven't looked into it. Who heard of Cecil before this?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Read about a third of your message and stopped. I got you. We're cool. Create a GoFundMe, I'll make an anonymous donation.