Array

School
    Nova BJJ Academy

I'm confused any advice would help

So I'm still a white belt and while I attend an academy I'm still confused on where I want to be in the sport , 10th planet is honestly the reason I started Jui jitsu seeing Eddie tap A legend with that triangle was the moment this became my life
    Im very close to 10thp but I'm torn about transferring I train GI more than no GI but I honestly love GI more but I do better in no GI and I feel part of me only keeps the GI for the belt around it ,as vein as it sounds a physical embodiment of my progress my belt despite it being shiny white with just one stripe shows me I'm doing something

Do you feel I could have that same moment of pride holding a ranked guard in my hand , and furthermore are the ranks recognized in competition despite it being no GI I don't understand the specifics because my academy offers both the and my mat time in no GI counts toward my progression ,I know they say not to focus on the color on you waisf ,but , it's something I need to motivate me during this first year where I'm being destroyed daily , just to keep my morals up

So primarily two question

Are the ranks recognized
    And can you feel that same pride
    Because it is important to me hold what I'm becoming just to stop me from going to dark thoughts of not quitting Jui Jitsu but... quiting...Earth , this was my train out of hell

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Nogi ranked are recognized, ask Geo Martinez or PJ Barch if the bjj community recognizes their black belts.

And also ask them if they are proud of their 10P black black
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Nova BJJ Academy
    OH MY GOD EDDIE HOLY S*** OMG ITS YOU
    sorry
    Wow

Uh
    I just wanna say I meant no disrespect to no GI or 10thp you are the reason I train , I was just looking for encouragement to make my transition

Thank you so much

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Just train. Gi or nogi. 10P concepts can be applied in the gi. Now if you want to be ranked in the 10P system, you have to train at a moon. I’m a ronin and have followed Eddie and 10P for more than a decade. I’ll probably never be ranked in 10P but I can still consider myself 10P at heart.

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli Rose View Post
    So I'm still a white belt and while I attend an academy I'm still confused on where I want to be in the sport , 10th planet is honestly the reason I started Jui jitsu seeing Eddie tap A legend with that triangle was the moment this became my life
    Im very close to 10thp but I'm torn about transferring I train GI more than no GI but I honestly love GI more but I do better in no GI and I feel part of me only keeps the GI for the belt around it ,as vein as it sounds a physical embodiment of my progress my belt despite it being shiny white with just one stripe shows me I'm doing something

Do you feel I could have that same moment of pride holding a ranked guard in my hand , and furthermore are the ranks recognized in competition despite it being no GI I don't understand the specifics because my academy offers both the and my mat time in no GI counts toward my progression ,I know they say not to focus on the color on you waisf ,but , it's something I need to motivate me during this first year where I'm being destroyed daily , just to keep my morals up

So primarily two question

Are the ranks recognized
    And can you feel that same pride
    Firstly, let me say, it's extremely refreshing to see someone be so honest about how they feel. I'm only a white belt myself but I feel like I'm better qualified to talk to you because I am where you are.

I believe you're worrying about the wrong things. It's not easy to push through the constant beating but this is the fire that that everyone has got to go through. Gi or No Gi, if someone is going to smash you then stripes on a belt dont make a difference. Look, i've not even been at it for a year...but I know if I had to fight a version of me from when I first started...i would absolutely destroy him, no doubt about it.

Keep at it, and for now at least, make yourself your only competition my man!
    Instagram:@xUltraNova_

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    ...Your EC looks solid...

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    [QUOTE=Eli Rose;274908
    Are the ranks recognized
    And can you feel that same pride[/QUOTE]

1.) Of course the ranks are recognized.

2.) You better believe everyone feels the same or greater amounts of pride when they are belted!

While I don't wear a blue belt to class every day, I still have one that was given to me by my coach. I have that blue belt hanging in my room and look at it everyday with pride. Their are also ranked rashguards. This means that you have a near endless variety of ways to express your belt color with all the different art styles.

I've heard of nogi gyms awarding stripes, but what's the point? You know you're improving by showing up.

Shut your mind up and go train, Gi or NoGi. #JiuJitsu

Array

School
    Nova BJJ Academy
    Thanks guys ! I'm headed in for class in about an hour for my daily choke fest by people who outweigh my 60 pounds xD

But damn I feel motivated , not just the advice , but for the fact that people took their time to talk to a nooby s*** white belt
    Thank you all

Array

School
    Nova BJJ Academy
    This is why I love Jui Jitsu even when it's somebody who could completely smash you they don't talk down to you I think a lot of people remembering being a me (noob) so maybe that's why

I just don't see this kind of support in too many communities and it's amazing
    I hope everyone has a great day
    And one last thing

EDGY BRAAAA
    Sorry I had to