Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet ronin

Top game pressure smashers .

Is there any examples of a top game pressure smasher from the 10th planet system ? A lot of what I absorbed from the system is insane guard work and I have a hard time with the high guards , but I have an insane lockdown game and I can almost always take top position from there . Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks everyone!

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Brandon Mccaghren has some mean top pressure. His passing philisophy is awesome.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Champlin View Post
    Brandon Mccaghren has some mean top pressure. His passing philisophy is awesome.
    Yes, BMac smashed my lockdown, I still have nightmares of struggling to breathe through a sweat soaked pink 10thPlanet Decatur shirt. All I could focus on was my next breathe and hoping he would give me a legit reason to tap. He said he could hear my soul squeeze out my butt

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    not 10p, but watch Justin Rader comp vids.

Maybe not 10p but for nogi pressure passing I would check out Murilo Santana, Marcelo Garcia, Rafael Lovato Jr, Braulio Estima, Justin Rader, Bill Cooper. Cobrinha, Leandro Lo, and Andre Galvao.

Honestly you'll be hard pressed to find any good nogi passer that doesn't have incredible pressure. Passing the guard in nogi is very difficult. At ADCC and NoGi Worlds you always see a lot less guard passes than at the gi Worlds. So even "speed passers" like Rafa Mendes have incredible pressure.

Pressure passing is one of those things that still confuses me. I know that people usually talk about it when they're a style that's like over/unders, double unders, knee slides. Shit like that. But even though it might not be heavy weight pressure, there is definitely a lot of "pressure" when Keenan Cornelius or Rafa Mendes is bull fight passing you and stepping side to side and throwing your legs around.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Mike nailed it. Your speed, gallop, and fly over passes won't work half as good without proper pressure.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    You need to feel Brandon's pressure. I'd say he's an expert on small details of lazily pressuring and making your opponent feel like I smashed turd... That's how I feel when I roll with him. In fact, I always regret eating beforehand lol..
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    You guys are cracking me up!

Adlai Cleveland and Sean Bollinger both play a great pressure game.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    You need to feel Brandon's pressure. I'd say he's an expert on small details of lazily pressuring and making your opponent feel like I smashed turd... That's how I feel when I roll with him. In fact, I always regret eating beforehand lol..
    So basically...

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    You guys are cracking me up!

Adlai Cleveland and Sean Bollinger both play a great pressure game.
    Can't speak about Sean, but Adlai sure has some serious pressure when passing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast