Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

i have been drilling the JAPANESE NECKTIE ................

Japanese necktie is my go to move now when i am having trouble passing half guard....thanks for all the info on it eddie........

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    Great move I use it to sometimes hard to get more experience guys.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    ^ How so? I like to use it against well experienced guys that will defend my initial attack (darce, etc). I have been hitting it like crazy since Eddie's semi in Rochester. Never realized how many positions you could hit it from till then.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I like to hit the Reverse Arm Triangle off the Japanese Necktie. And then if I don't feel like finishing from there or if I can't finish from there, I hit TSC to mount or give the guy reverse half guard and transition to a leg lace variation. What transitions do you guys like to flow into off the Japanese Necktie?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    ^ How so? I like to use it against well experienced guys that will defend my initial attack (darce, etc). I have been hitting it like crazy since Eddie's semi in Rochester. Never realized how many positions you could hit it from till then.
    Since that seminar that Necktie has really impacted my half guard game in a negative way (I'm being somewhat sarcastic here). Not because I'm hitting it, but because everyone else and their dog is going for it so anytime I try to work my half guard game I spend half the time defending the damn necktie. I can't rep shit without having to fend off the Japanese Necktie first. Eddie's calling the Necktie a game-changer and it most certainly seems to be!

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    I've only ever got Brown Belts with Japanese Neckties/Peruvians, must mean it's good

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hyatt View Post
    Since that seminar that Necktie has really impacted my half guard game in a negative way (I'm being somewhat sarcastic here). Not because I'm hitting it, but because everyone else and their dog is going for it so anytime I try to work my half guard game I spend half the time defending the damn necktie. I can't rep shit without having to fend off the Japanese Necktie first. Eddie's calling the Necktie a game-changer and it most certainly seems to be!
    Remember that the Boa is your friend. Also try to pummel the overhook if it's not too late and look for butterfly sweeps. If he/she has the necktie sunk in, force him to pass your guard, and keep your shoulder away from your neck at all cost or he's/she's going to Darce, Peruvian Necktie or Reverse Arm Triangle the crap out of you. Once you've got the defense mastered, then the offense will start to present itself. Hopefully that wasn't too redundant for ya.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    "No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."

I like that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    Remember that the Boa is your friend. Also try to pummel the overhook if it's not too late and look for butterfly sweeps. If he/she has the necktie sunk in, force him to pass your guard, and keep your shoulder away from your neck at all cost or he's/she's going to Darce, Peruvian Necktie or Reverse Arm Triangle the crap out of you. Once you've got the defense mastered, then the offense will start to present itself. Hopefully that wasn't too redundant for ya.
    That's what I mean. I can't just decide "OK, I'm gonna work on [insert half guard technique of choice here] tonight. I start on my back, go to half guard, and IMMEDIATELY have to start defending the Necktie. If you even start to whip you better damn well hide your head super-STAT 'cause the vice is coming (the upside is that by hiding my head deeper and hooking the waist better I'm getting to Middle School a lot more). That's not a bad thing, it just means I can no longer pick and choose what I want to rep from half guard. I HAVE to defend the Japanese Necktie first and foremost or it's done. Big picture -- still not a bad thing, but a little annoying when I have specific things I want to accomplish in an evening of rolling.

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    I feel sometimes if you hold on to long it can be easy to lose top position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast