Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise

Denny Prokopos/ Alex Canders Truck Question

So I keep seeing these two guys do a defensive technique where they force an opponent who has their back into the truck and then flips it on them. I've been messing around with flipping the truck on people for awhile now but I was interested to see if there was a technique video on forcing someone who is on your back into the truck. Alex actually beat me in one of the Gracie Tournaments a few years back with this and I've seen him pull it off in a few other tournaments since.

If there's not already a video out there I'd like to see one

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    +1

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    +1 :d

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    +1 for me too...never seen flip the truck...i do this little hip escape thing to change the angle and try to reverse the calf crush on him but that and the armbar you can hit if they grab the inside arm are about all i have for defense from truck.

Array

School
    TxState Kajukenbo
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    +1 for me too...never seen flip the truck...i do this little hip escape thing to change the angle and try to reverse the calf crush on him but that and the armbar you can hit if they grab the inside arm are about all i have for defense from truck.
    https://youtu.be/03B4TdnzSnQ
    https://youtu.be/kA0USMhDHjk

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    So I keep seeing these two guys do a defensive technique where they force an opponent who has their back into the truck and then flips it on them. I've been messing around with flipping the truck on people for awhile now but I was interested to see if there was a technique video on forcing someone who is on your back into the truck. Alex actually beat me in one of the Gracie Tournaments a few years back with this and I've seen him pull it off in a few other tournaments since.

If there's not already a video out there I'd like to see one
    So Sam, you mean they have your back, both hooks in, probably seatbelt control?

Hey Sam, I will get something together with the strategies I use when people have me in truck or back. Mostly I gun it for the calf slicer, there are elements of what is in Dempsey's video that I use too, but a bit simpler and timing based.

The Zog video there was something I haven't seen before, that looks awesome.

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    I've definitely seen how to flip the truck. I feel like I'm pretty decent at it, but one of the things I've seen you specifically do, Alex is that when your opponent is on your back you somehow get to the truck from there. Would love to see a video. You did it to me, and you also did it in EBI. Thanks man

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    So Sam, you mean they have your back, both hooks in, probably seatbelt control?
    Yep

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Seems like a solid strategy. Never thought of forcing the truck to flip it.
    #10thplanetFREAKS