Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoked for ADCC

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ

Stoked for ADCC

The Lovatos team leaves tomorrow for Brazil.

Raphael seems very confident and very serious. This is the only major tournament he hasn't managed to win yet, and he's planning to make this his year.

Jared Dopp got 4th in 2013 ADCC as a purple belt, he's wearing brown now and he' hoping to put on a show.

Rader is starving himself, as usual. He seems very confident as well.

One of the coaches bet me $100 that Eddie Cummings won't make it out of the 1st round. I think he's wrong, and I'm going to take my winnings in private lessons. Honestly though, I think it all comes down to who he fights first. If he gets someone like Cobrinha, I may be out $100.

Whatever the results, I'm really stoked to watch the tournament. It's going to be a blast.

Array

School
    Rebellion Academy of Martial Arts
    Even if Cummings gets Cobrinha he has a really great chance at heel hooking him.

Lovato has a rough division with Barral, Popovitch, Keenan, Calasans, and Yuri... Stacked division.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Baldwin View Post
    Even if Cummings gets Cobrinha he has a really great chance at heel hooking him.

Lovato has a rough division with Barral, Popovitch, Keenan, Calasans, and Yuri... Stacked division.
    Yeah I agree with both those sentiments. I think Cummings was a wise bet on my part And yeah, Lovato's got a killer division. But win or lose he's always awesome to watch. Always aggressive, always going for the sub. I wouldn't bet against him.

This is going to be a fun weekend.

If Cummings meets Cobrinha and Radar it will be tough for him

Radar has a good shot to win it all, Rafa and Cobrinha have dominated him, Rafa more so, but he is not in it this year

If Radar meets Cobrinha in the finals he has a better shot because the penalty points start right away

Lovoto will have a tough go, I think it's Keenan's year, he out grappled Barral last ADCC IMO and got a bad call

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I think Yuri takes it this year. Dude is not famous for his no gi game but he is a beast!! Watch his match vs Keenan at the last no gi worlds, he dominated him. Rader has a great chance of winning, but so do Eddie and Cobrinha, but I will be screaming and yelling for Geo, of course!

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    Lovoto will have a tough go, I think it's Keenan's year
    In 2013 Lovato lost in the finals with 4 seconds left by giving up his back for a 4-0 loss. As for Keenan, Lovato's had his number for years. I admit I'm biased; I'll guess we'll have to wait and see what happens

Keenan getting bigger and stronger, I think it's his time

Lovoto gotta be getting up there now, how old is he now?

Looks like Lovoto is only 32, thought he was older

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    Keenan getting bigger and stronger, I think it's his time
    i agree.

bit of a tangent but one thing i really like about keenan, tonon and the miyaos is that they will go up against anyone and always put up a solid fight.

keenan and gary had some of the most memorable performances at the last ADCC and i really dig that when either of them lose they give very few fucks and move on and improve.

while i really want to see them win i am really impressed with their mental strength and how they don't let winning/losing affect them in the least.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    keenan and gary had some of the most memorable performances at the last ADCC
    Lovato won his first match at 2013 over Shinsho Anzai by flying triangle at the 1-minute mark. I thought it was pretty memorable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast