Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Cora's No Gi match from Colorado Open 8/22/15

Just a week after EBI 4, Cora is already up on the tournament scene again. This time we took a 16 hours road trip from LA to Denver, CO for Fight 2 Win Colorado Open. She was in 6 divisions in 4 weight classes where she battle with other 12 year olds from the 90's to 140 lbs..... and she came out with 3 Golds and 3 Bronze. Here are a few of her No Gi matches.... enjoy.

Array

School
    For those of you who might like to watch some Gi, here they are...

Array

School
    Lookin'
    So frickin' badass!!! How'd she handle the elevation change in the Mile High City?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    So frickin' badass!!! How'd she handle the elevation change in the Mile High City?
    Sadly, not too well. She did great at first but as the competition progress, she was getting tired and was slowing down alot. Or maybe it's because one of the wrestler boy gave her an elbow that busted her mouth up or maybe going up into the absolute division was too much for her. Not sure, but she did have 13 matches that day.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Dang, sorry to hear that. Yeah, 13 matches in one day, going from sea-level to over 5,000 feet, is no joke. When I first moved out here from California, my strength dropped dramatically. And my wind. But when I go back, my strength goes through the roof and I can go for days.

In any case, she killed it, regardless of the conditions. Props to her.

Array

School
    3rd Wave Jiu Jitsu
    Incredible rubber guard, that triangle/armbar from side mount bottom was pretty cool.

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)
    What is Omaha?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Massey View Post
    Incredible rubber guard, that triangle/armbar from side mount bottom was pretty cool.
    That is basically her go to move now when someone get side control on her. Go to double C cup and then feed the leg through. Either get a sweep or a triangle from there.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne & Perth Hotbox
    Awesome Cora! Thanks for the videos Bruce

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Omaha is my highest % finish on skinny dudes. I've got skinny legs, so if they don't have a deltoid, they kind find space(if their good).

You bypass the leg(standard) to underhook the far hip and obtain a body lock. Hip in and squeeze. Ultimate angle, ultimate leverage.

But now, anyone with a respectable squeeze, should be able to finish with double crown control, squeeze. As long as he's not 30 lbs on ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast