Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    blank
    anyone know how many points and/or subs calasans scored in both his weight division and absolute?

he has always bored me to the nth degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    anyone know how many points and/or subs calasans scored in both his weight division and absolute?

he has always bored me to the nth degree.
    Man in the Absolute he may not have even scored a single point. He definitely didn't score in his Absolute finals match. Calasans is mega frustrating. I've always liked him. he can have blistering hot matches or boring as fuck matches and you never know what the fuck you're gonna get from him.

He was on the Brazilian National Wrestling Team and maybe the Judo Team also. He used to have killer throws and takedowns but then he'd randomly start pulling 50/50 in the gi and stuff like that. Also killer passing, guillotines, wrist locks, and kneebars, but he'll have matches where he just doesn't do much. It seems like he either puts on epic matches or epic snoozefests.

He's also the last guy you ever want to bet on. He usually either goes to the finals or loses his first match. So he won this ADCC Absolute division this time but last ADCC he got darce choked by some random European guy in the first round.

Array

School
    Rebellion Academy of Martial Arts
    I loved his Te Guruma of Roger Gracie he hit one year.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    He used to have killer throws and takedowns but then he'd randomly start pulling 50/50 in the gi and stuff like that. Also killer passing, guillotines, wrist locks, and kneebars, but he'll have matches where he just doesn't do much. It seems like he either puts on epic matches or epic snoozefests.
    right? and i think he was also upset in that tournament in Chechnya where the mendes bros had their superfights.

super frustrating because i'm sure he spends hours and hours during his training camp that involved takedowns, passing guard, sweeping, subs, etc... and he showcased virtually NONE of that during the ADCC. what will stuart cooper show of Calasans in his highlight video other than him celebrating the refs decisions?

right? and i think he was also upset in that tournament in Chechnya where the mendes bros had their superfights.

super frustrating because i'm sure he spends hours and hours during his training camp that involved takedowns, passing guard, sweeping, subs, etc... and he showcased virtually NONE of that during the ADCC. what will stuart cooper show of Calasans in his highlight video other than him celebrating the refs decisions?
    That's right! I forgot about Chechnya. Yeah he did lose you're right. My favorite Calasans match is probably versus Buchecha. Crazy match. This ADCC was weird in general. barely any subs compared to usually. But I vut off the final. it was too boring and I was exhausted.

Array

School
    blank
    That's right! I forgot about Chechnya. Yeah he did lose you're right. My favorite Calasans match is probably versus Buchecha. Crazy match. This ADCC was weird in general. barely any subs compared to usually. But I vut off the final. it was too boring and I was exhausted.
    mike, i assume you caught all of the -66 fights, no?

how on point was cobrinha's wrestling? dayum! he was getting into that single leg like it was nothing

Array

School
    Guerrilla Bjj Modesto, California
    I love Wrestling its awesome to watch. When Bjj guys try to wrestle it's like watching wrestlers do bjj. It's just bad.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Whiteside View Post
    I love Wrestling its awesome to watch. When Bjj guys try to wrestle it's like watching wrestlers do bjj. It's just bad.
    the bulk of the time for sure. i enjoyed watching yuri and cobrinha on the feet this year though

mike, i assume you caught all of the -66 fights, no?

how on point was cobrinha's wrestling? dayum! he was getting into that single leg like it was nothing
    Most underrated wrestling in bjj ever IMO. Cobrinha was awesome. I'm always impressed that he's almost 36 and looks as good as ever. I can make a strong argument that he's the best featherweight of all time. I think his run this year got overlooked because he was such a favorite to win. That single is such a money move for him. Even his guard work is so based around getting to that single. I'm a huge fan. I was especially impressed with was how against disengaging opponents he was still able to go from his butt to hit feet and grab them, take them down, and get onto their backs. Also IMO he's the best pressure passer ever no-gi at those tiny weights also. Always going for the kill. So fluid and fun to watch. He's awesome.

Array

School
    blank
    Most underrated wrestling in bjj ever IMO. Cobrinha was awesome. I'm always impressed that he's almost 36 and looks as good as ever. I can make a strong argument that he's the best featherweight of all time. I think his run this year got overlooked because he was such a favorite to win. That single is such a money move for him. Even his guard work is so based around getting to that single. I'm a huge fan. I was especially impressed with was how against disengaging opponents he was still able to go from his butt to hit feet and grab them, take them down, and get onto their backs. Also IMO he's the best pressure passer ever no-gi at those tiny weights also. Always going for the kill. So fluid and fun to watch. He's awesome.
    amen to all of that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12