Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojoplata View Post
    I think it's crazy that Elvis Sinosic got the DO in the ufc way before it got a name, but it didn't (really) catch on until Nathan named it.
    I didn't name it. Master Eddie Bravo did.
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Portland Moon Head/Instructor
    My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/monzon421
    Use the discount code DEADORCHARD at Phalanxfc.com to get %15 off any purchase.

Mojoplata

Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    I didn't name it. Master Eddie Bravo did.
    Sorry, I was unaware. My comment was more about how people just ignored that it happened. I along with many others were told that you're safe with 2 arms in a triangle, but there's been proof that you aren't since 2001.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    The forum named it, Eddie ok'd it. Nathan was just catching too many of them in high level comp for it not to be. The first to catch everybody's radar was when he caught Dewitt. It was clear it was a deadzone. Deadzone + Nathan Orchard= dead orchard.

Mount, are you a vegetarian?

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    The forum named it, Eddie ok'd it. Nathan was just catching too many of them in high level comp for it not to be. The first to catch everybody's radar was when he caught Dewitt. It was clear it was a deadzone. Deadzone + Nathan Orchard= dead orchard.

Mount, are you a vegetarian?
    I love fruits, hate vegetables.

And eat lots of meat.

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    I'm no expert, but it looked like you didn't address his feet when he brought them into the mix. Could you have pummeled through like this? https://youtu.be/PTwOpEv7t1k?t=107

Array

School
    Ronin
    Crack head smashing straight to dead orchard. Love that shit!

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by gene k View Post
    I'm no expert, but it looked like you didn't address his feet when he brought them into the mix. Could you have pummeled through like this? https://youtu.be/PTwOpEv7t1k?t=107
    Pummel through + sit up -> AWESOME! Thanks for the vid, looks like the missing key.

On a side note, how did you link directly to that exact point in the vid? That's some high level YouTube witchcraft.

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    Nothing is %100. I wish I could see the match so I could give some better advice but more reps should get you sorted out. But make sure you have the triangle locked in completely before you try to move on. (:
    The vid's finally up! (Thanks to a teammate who had recorded and posted our matches to Facebook recently).

Will appreciate any and all advice you have
    (the triangle was already locked in, but as some of the really helpful Niburu warriors have pointed out - I'd failed to address the feet + maintain control)

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Quote Originally Posted by mountveggie View Post
    Pummel through + sit up -> AWESOME! Thanks for the vid, looks like the missing key.

On a side note, how did you link directly to that exact point in the vid? That's some high level YouTube witchcraft.
    No problem. It's very simple, on youtube you just right click on the video and select "Copy video URL at current time"

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by gene k View Post
    No problem. It's very simple, on youtube you just right click on the video and select "Copy video URL at current time"
    Ahh... after all these years of YouTube-ing.... it was right there all along..

Thanks dude!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123