Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta

Visiting 10th planet HQ in October...travel info?

Wanting to make the Mecca to HQ in October.... for you local guys and people that frequent flying in what is the best airport to stay in and area of town to grab a hotel in. Also should i rent a car or just use public transportation in that area?

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    For my trip I rented a car; try to book it ahead though as the lines at the AVIS were long, and there is no wifi there (so whatever you don't book by the time you leave LAX you pay full price). There is public transportation but being LA is so congested it'll be easier to just drive yourself (there are some parking deals to be had, you can park at a couple lots near HQ for $5-10 all day, and the meters near the school are free from 8pm on). Be careful how long you park at a meter during operating hours, meter maids there are fericious and there's a 2 hr limit at some spots, you can get ticketed/towed or both.

I did an airbnb at a place called Artist Loft by Isa, it's 7 miles or so from HQ so driving time was 15-20 min depending when I left (if I did morning or evening classes). Some folks do the LA jiu jitsu club which is a 45 min drive but it has a pool and mats. THere are hotels too of course, but I imagine you're paying a considerable price.

I'm looking to go back to HQ again for next EBI week whenever that is, or at least by Spring again depending on my work situation and vaca time accumulation. Once you go to HQ you always want to visit again and again :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Enterprise might be the easiest car rental. I would use expedia or priceline to find a decent hotel in the area and book something with a pretty good rating near Staples Center. The Ramada Inn or Quality in right next to the Staples Center are okay and are near HQ. Search online a bit.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    I grabbed an airbnb place last month when I was there, and it was great. This one here specifically:
    https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/4906306

3 min walk to HQ. Lots of construction going on but with earplugs no issues (at least for me).

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    dude that is absolutely perfect...no traveling at all i can walk back to my spot. Thank you so much for this info

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbChao View Post
    For my trip I rented a car; try to book it ahead though as the lines at the AVIS were long, and there is no wifi there (so whatever you don't book by the time you leave LAX you pay full price). There is public transportation but being LA is so congested it'll be easier to just drive yourself (there are some parking deals to be had, you can park at a couple lots near HQ for $5-10 all day, and the meters near the school are free from 8pm on). Be careful how long you park at a meter during operating hours, meter maids there are fericious and there's a 2 hr limit at some spots, you can get ticketed/towed or both.

I did an airbnb at a place called Artist Loft by Isa, it's 7 miles or so from HQ so driving time was 15-20 min depending when I left (if I did morning or evening classes). Some folks do the LA jiu jitsu club which is a 45 min drive but it has a pool and mats. THere are hotels too of course, but I imagine you're paying a considerable price.

I'm looking to go back to HQ again for next EBI week whenever that is, or at least by Spring again depending on my work situation and vaca time accumulation. Once you go to HQ you always want to visit again and again :-)
    awesome info thanks man

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Solicit View Post
    Enterprise might be the easiest car rental. I would use expedia or priceline to find a decent hotel in the area and book something with a pretty good rating near Staples Center. The Ramada Inn or Quality in right next to the Staples Center are okay and are near HQ. Search online a bit.
    that studio the guy just posted is 122 a night and within walking distance of HQ... i may have to go with that

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysurratt View Post
    that studio the guy just posted is 122 a night and within walking distance of HQ... i may have to go with that
    There you go!

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    awesome info thanks man
    Welcome! Always a pleasure to see folks fly in to HQ (it's like another home away from home)

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I loved being at HQ after all these years of seeing MTS. It was amazing to be on the mats learning from Renato Laranga himself, on how to defeat that Spiderweb posish in the Hubber Guard.

Eddie wasn't around because it was the day of EBI4, but I got to see him that night. My next trip will definitely include HQ & West LA.
    You're going to love it.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast