Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

Bill "the Grill" Cooper $25 DVD bootleg.

He doesn't exactly divulge what's on the DVD, but knowing him, it's some fun creative shit. I bought his escapes DVD like 3 years ago and those ridiculous moves still save my ass often. $25 really isn't much to many of you so hit him up and try to get your hands on it.

He's one of those good guys who deserves support from the bjj community. That's why I'm doing some word of mouth for him. That and because his escapes DVD really is good money. Hope he gets royalties.
    Happy hunting. Good luck on trying to grab a bootleg.

Array

School
    And if you don't know who Bill Cooper is, first slap yourself, then watch this legendary video that should have like 100000000000000000 views.

He may not be a 20x mundials ADCC gold medalist, be he can grapple and his style is hella fun. $25 is worth some bjj independent funkiness.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I got one of the first ones before he made more. He is making them himself so he gets all the profit.

So let me get this straight, your going to plug it and say how good of value it is, but your not going to buy it?

Array

School
    Who said I'm not going to buy it?

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet
    He sends it in dvd or digital copy??

Quote Originally Posted by milojitsu View Post
    He sends it in dvd or digital copy??
    He sends it as a DVD. Coop isn't exactly the kinda guy that's really tech savvy. It's very easy to rip as a digital file though.

It's pretty cool. As you might expect if you know Cooper, it's basically just a 1 hour plus video file. You can skip chapters but all it really does is knock the video forward a few minutes. The first half is basically just "instagram technqiues." He'll do a technique at less than full speed, then repeat it moving slower and pointing out a few details. There's actually very little talking in this part. I found it very helpful but I also like those kind of presentations.

The 2nd half is several videos from what looks like a few private lessons. He covers a few guard passes and some finishing variations off of each one. One of the cooler ones is a pass where he almost puts himself into a sort of crucifix position and ends up showing finishes for the wrist lock, darce, spiral armbar, and triangle. At the end there are some cool darces and back attacks shown in sort of an outtakes session.

It's 25 bucks. You get what you pay for. If you like Bill Cooper or his style, or if you want to support him since his knee surgery, you'll probably like the dvd. If you are tight on money or you really need a slick presentation to spend money, this may not be for you.

If anyone has any other questions I'll try to answer.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I own his Escapes DVD, it is pure gold. Some of the best sub escapes I have ever seen.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    He sends it as a DVD. Coop isn't exactly the kinda guy that's really tech savvy. It's very easy to rip as a digital file though.

It's pretty cool. As you might expect if you know Cooper, it's basically just a 1 hour plus video file. You can skip chapters but all it really does is knock the video forward a few minutes. The first half is basically just "instagram technqiues." He'll do a technique at less than full speed, then repeat it moving slower and pointing out a few details. There's actually very little talking in this part. I found it very helpful but I also like those kind of presentations.

The 2nd half is several videos from what looks like a few private lessons. He covers a few guard passes and some finishing variations off of each one. One of the cooler ones is a pass where he almost puts himself into a sort of crucifix position and ends up showing finishes for the wrist lock, darce, spiral armbar, and triangle. At the end there are some cool darces and back attacks shown in sort of an outtakes session.

It's 25 bucks. You get what you pay for. If you like Bill Cooper or his style, or if you want to support him since his knee surgery, you'll probably like the dvd. If you are tight on money or you really need a slick presentation to spend money, this may not be for you.

If anyone has any other questions I'll try to answer.
    This is correct except that he does give you a download option if you want. I just got the regular DVD and he signed the DVD for me. Like, right on the DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    This is correct except that he does give you a download option if you want. I just got the regular DVD and he signed the DVD for me. Like, right on the DVD
    Same here on the signing. Very cool.

Damn. I bought it right away and there was no download option at the time :/

Quote Originally Posted by Serge Bunimovich View Post
    I own his Escapes DVD, it is pure gold. Some of the best sub escapes I have ever seen.
    Yep. I've seen people hate on it because it's sort of unorganized and all over the place but the escapes themselves are awesome. Also really like how basically every escape ends in some type of submission or dominant position. So you aren't just escaping into another bad spot or even neutral.

There are also a lot of good tips on there for riding out submissions, and I've gotten really good at resisting a lot of subs from some of the stuff that's on there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast