Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbChao View Post
    I'm just a poor boy....don't make a difference....
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy. Here, check this out:

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
    Because I'm easy come, easy go,
    Little high, little low,
    Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.

bom bom bom bom, im just a poor boy

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    100%, Nick. Red flag if I've ever seen one hahahahaha

Let's be real though. How many gyms is this guy gonna be able to visit where he's held in that regard? So lately in school I've been studying dental caries, which is a fancy word for cavities. Cavities are created by opportunistic bacteria that feed on the sugar we consume in our diet. Coupled with poor oral hygiene habits, we put ourselves at risk for tooth decay caused by facultative anaerobic bacteria. Not excluding the use of antibiotics, we would deal with the infection by improving our oral hygiene habits but also improving our diet to effectively cut off the bacteria's food supply. See what you do with a bacterial infection is you isolate it in a certain region, cut off it's food supply, and allow your body to build up an immunity against it before it has a chance to proliferate and spread.

This man is a bacterial lesion on the jiu jitsu landscape. He must not be able to spread his false wisdom, and this can only be accomplished by shutting off all food supply to his region of inhabitance. Regarding how precisely we do this, I'm open to suggestions.
    Dojo storm.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy. Here, check this out:
    Gotcha thx, something did occur to me later that I may have been off.

Dojo storm.

Now that would be interesting....I can see it now high level blacks browns and purples enter

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
    Because I'm easy come, easy go,
    Little high, little low,
    Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.
    I suppose we can keep riding this or not....if it helps make folks days go by better until practicE? :-)

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Mama, just killed a man

Array

School
    10th Planet Long Beach
    Anything after black is just a time in grade place holder. He isn't saying he is an IBJJF red belt he has his own organization so I guess he has a work around haha. Either way we have plenty of black belts that don't meet the IBJJF qualifications to be black belts either. If the red belt was actually given out because you reached a certain skill level I would probably care more, but it's not. Belts are a weird thing in bjj, they go from signifying general skill proficiencies to signifying how long you have held the rank of black belt.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Oooooohhhhh!!! I made everybody listen to Queen: Live at Wembley Stadium while we trained last night.

That's all. Y'all carry on.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    This man is a bacterial lesion on the jiu jitsu landscape. He must not be able to spread his false wisdom, and this can only be accomplished by shutting off all food supply to his region of inhabitance. Regarding how precisely we do this, I'm open to suggestions.
    If people are willing to go to publicly outed fake black belts in jiu jitsu to train with, people will CERTAINLY still follow "certified" red belts. I think they only way to stop money going towards fakes is a better educated martial arts community as a whole. A big part of that is exposure from things like UFC, EBI, ADCC which makes outsiders more likely to want to learn more. Overall I think the martial arts community has come a looooooooooooooooong way from pre MMA days. Kung Foolishness/McDojos/Bullshido are getting chipped away at slowly, but surely as more people sign up for legitimate martial arts like BJJ, 10PJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestilng, Pre watered down by Olympic rules Judo, Sambo, etc...*sorry if I missed any legit ones for anyone here who practices in them and feel free to correct me as I don't claim to know them all* less people will be signing up for McDojos/Death Touch.

So if you're looking to "inhibit the growth of bacterial lesions in the JJ landscape" it'll happen most powerfully at the 1 on 1 level. You and I spreading our beautiful art to our friends/family/loved ones/complete strangers who we happen to meet and start up conversations with. This isn't just for jiu jitsu, it's for legitimate martial arts as a whole. Yes, a big chunk of the money is still going towards McDojos/Bullshido, but that is changing one new student at a time.

Just keep spreading the art with the passion, patience and love that's been shown to us by our community.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    "Mr. Ubiratan left Pernambuco’s CBJJ/IBJJF, the recognized Federation (Federação de Jiu-Jitsu do Estado de Pernambuco / FJJ-PE), and started his own federation giving himself the highest BJJ title, the 10th grade red belt, but he is not recognized by the Jiu-Jitsu community over there."

Fake red belt giving others red belts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast